Main Menu

Fuel tank question

Started by cuda hunter, December 02, 2021, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I just installed a new spectra tank in my 70 barracuda. 
After install I only installed 2 gallons of fuel. 
Ran the car down the highway for 2 miles. 
On the way back, when slowing down I floored it, well kinda floored it.  front end raised well but it lost power, not electrical power, the gas went away for a moment. Came back within reasonable time, few blocks. I turned onto a street, floored it in first and it died by the time I was turning the corner.  Then I cranked it about 4 times and it started back up. 
I then proceeded to slide sideways, pointing myself into my driveway and it drove up into the garage quite easily. 
I'm quite a bit rich.  I changed jetting size for Carlisle and this is the first time it's been alive since.  This is not a rich carb problem. 

I don't have a screen on the pick up, I have a fram HPG-1 cannister filter on the exterior of the tank.

I'm wondering, since I only put two gallons into the tank, would the car push the gas to the rear of the tank when I take off.  Then causing the car to lose fuel into the pick up? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Brads70

cuda hunter

Thanks for reaffirming that. 

What is the difference with the chevy? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 02, 2021, 07:18:46 PM

What is the difference with the chevy? 
They don't accelerate fast enough for it to be problem....... :Stirring:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill