Main Menu

Heater Hoses

Started by tparker, February 09, 2021, 12:07:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I just got some new heater hoses and checked on line to id the heater hose from the ac hose firewall connector. Looking on line I noticed there are at least two locations for the heater hoses. One to the right of the heater blower and one to the left. Seems like an odd thing and it would be simpler and cheaper just to have a single location. Anyone know why?

Also, are the heater blowers different?

Just currious.

anlauto

One location for AC cars and one for non-AC ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

Not sure. The attached photo would suggest otherwise, unless it was modded. Mine has a/c.

Here are the photos I forgot to attach with some examples

Skdmark

Blower motors are different and heater hose locations are different between AC and Non-AC cars.
The heater boxes are different between AC and Non-AC cars. AC heater boxes have both the evaporator and a heater core in them.

Red engine compartment is a b-body
Yellow engine compartment is e-body non-AC
Orange paint firewall image is e-body non-AC
Yellow firewall is e-body with AC
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

tparker

Thanks. I was looking at a lot of photos of ebodies on google images and this one snuck in. I just looked at the hoses and didn't look at the engine bay or rest of cowl. Opps. It was that photo that got me curious, I should have looked closer.