Main Menu

Hose For Water Pump Outlet W/Pics

Started by Daveh, December 19, 2018, 10:31:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I have a slight dilemma.  I'm adding A/C to my 340.  The issues is that the compressor covers the water pump outlet a fair amount.  I've circled it in red.  A 90 degree 3/4" hose would work.  So does anyone know of any hoses that would have a 90 degree bend with a fair amount of length to go to the heater control valve on the fender well?  Thanks

Dave

Burdar

You could just buy a 90 at the parts store.  Then use a union to connect that to a straight length of hose. 

1 Wild R/T

Gates 28480  is 3/4"  but Mopar's don't use a 3/4" heater hose they use 5/8"

Gates 28471  is 5/8"

Daveh

Perfect thanks.  I thought it was 3/4" that's what was on the car when I got it. 

anlauto

You can find it just about anywhere https://www.jegs.com/i/Gates/465/28471/10002/-1  Still looks like it will be a tight fit though  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

Just ordered it from Rock Auto for $13.86 delivered.  Yes it will be a tight fit but for that price it's worth a try.  Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Trim the short side down & it shouldn't be an issue...

Daveh

73_Cuda_4_Me

:dunno: Not sure which A/C you are adding, but the compressor bracket on the Vintage Air unit I got for the 340 has the compressor over towards alternator by about 3 inches from yours?  I had no interference with hoses at all!   :)
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Daveh

I bought the kit about 5 years ago from Bouchillon Performance.  I needed the brackets so it would fit under the shaker base plate.  Can you take a pic of yours I would like to see it?  Maybe they are a newer bracket design.  Thanks

73_Cuda_4_Me

Not sure if it would fit under a shaker base plate...

BS23H3B

Daveh

Great pics thanks.  You are correct that's too high for the shaker base plate.  As I said Bouchillon make a special bracket so it fits. The compressor fits fine under the shaker it's just a little more engineering with hoses, etc.  But hey in the long run I'll have A/C.   :twothumbsup:

Brads70

They do fit under a shaker, I helped install this one. Here is another picture if it helps any?

73_Cuda_4_Me

:bradsthumb: It sure makes a difference! I have to pull my bracket back off to prime and paint over winter, while installing A41 overdrive automatic as my winter project... about 75% into that, as a result of our warmer winter this year... hit 46 here today in West Michigan!

BS23H3B

Daveh

Brads70,

I'm curious what brackets you used?  Where did you get them?