Main Menu

Incorrect radiator

Started by xx88man, August 08, 2018, 09:03:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

I am needing a 26" radiator for my project. Budget build so I'm wondering....will a C-body radiator work and mount in the same way? From a small block car and my car will be a small block. Just wondering if it's worth driving to look at. Thanks
Keep yer foot in it

Burdar

As long as the upper and lower outlets are on the correct side, it should work.  I'm not sure about the brackets.  It's possible that the core is attached to the brackets farther back which could interfere with the fan.  Only one way to find out.  Test fit it and see.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I would think as long as the openings are on the same side it should work.

Cudajason

I have a 26 inch rad sitting in my shed.  It was in my cuda for awhile, and its for a small block  I think it was out of a cuda originally, but I can get the numbers and confirm that.

I think there was a small leak in it, but should be useable.  let me know if you are interested and we can work out a fair deal.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

mopar jack

don't know about small blocks but the 22 inch rad in my 71 barracuda big block came from a 70 chrysler 300 big block. The hose pattern was correct and the two top mounting bolts lined with the rad support but the two lowers were off about 1/2 inch. I made brackets to mount a stock shroud and the clearance and alignment off the fan look good.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Sea Body rads work with a few slight adjustments. I had a couple too that you could have used but I purged them last year.
Sheldon

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it