Main Menu

LD340 install questions

Started by 73chalngr, May 02, 2020, 06:20:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Did you use stock type and length bolts or opt for something different and still have a challenge?

Quote from: 73chalngr on May 18, 2021, 05:31:50 AM
I have not driven the car a whole lot since the install I had other things to take care of around the house but I like the improvement . Intake bolts were a little bit of a pain in the ass.

RzeroB

I have not driven the car a whole lot since the install I had other things to take care of around the house but I like the improvement . Intake bolts were a little bit of a pain in the ass.

They are a pain. I found it easier to install by using 12-point 3/8" drive headed bolts.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

tparker

What is the pain? Is it the travel? It's been so long I don't recall any issues. But perhaps I was so traumatized I blocked it out. LOL. I'll be bolting on my manifold in a couple weeks. I hate having it all ready to go but having other stuff preventing me from getting her put back together. Ugh

73chalngr

I purchased new intake bolts. Stainless with hex drive .

Mrbill426

I may have missed it, but what carb did you go with on the LD340?  I was thinking of using my original TQ but the manifold is more of a square bore so rather then altering the manifold or using an adapter I was considering a Edelbrock.  Wondering about linkages with that though.  Bolt & go would be nice of course.

73chalngr

Holley 650 .  Needed to buy hi rise cable brackets stock one did not align correctly. I got them on eBay . I think I just searched on eBay for hi rise throttle bracket mopar small block .