Main Menu

Leaning out

Started by dodj, May 04, 2021, 12:17:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 05, 2021, 05:33:00 PM
Personal opinion but yeah, I know I'll never buy a new carburator again, ever.
I bought mine about the same time as Brad. I had a 3310 on there before. FI wasn't on my radar. Then some time after I bought the QF850 I saw a post on FITech. I remember then thinking 'maybe I should have spent the extra for FI...' 
Oh well, it's a hobby right?

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 05, 2021, 09:56:05 PM
I would make a significant change to make sure it helps so maybe decrease the size by 4-5 on the idle bleed
Ok. Thanks
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Dropped three sizes in idle bleeds. Initial testing is encouraging. Idle afr is in the mid 12s, but maybe that's what it has to have?
Did a couple things that would have stalled it before,  and it kept going, so I think we're on the right track!
Haven't gone for a long drive yet.
Thanks all for suggestions
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Strawdawg

Glad to hear it is going in the right direction.  Makes me wonder if a fuel passage is partially stopped altho it seems to have richened up.  I guess there could have been some human error during assembly.

My experience with engines with decent cams in them is that the idle needs to be closer to 13-1 than 14-1 to get a good constant idle.

You all are right about the price of carbs.  The less common, more performance oriented ones have shot way up in price for sure.  At first glance, FI does seem cheaper, but to do it right, takes a in the tank pump (imo) and the plumbing, etc can add a lot of money.
Steve

Brads70

Quote from: Strawdawg on May 14, 2021, 10:23:12 AM

My experience with engines with decent cams in them is that the idle needs to be closer to 13-1 than 14-1 to get a good constant idle.

:iagree: mine likes 12.5-12.9

dodj

Quote from: Strawdawg on May 14, 2021, 10:23:12 AM
It's a lunati 703. Installed it a few years ago when cc.c was still going strong. You helped me with degreeing and the prw rocker setup.
:bigthumb:

Strawdawg

I remember that, faintly.  But then, these days, I remember most things faintly....except for the '40's and 50's, I remember them pretty well!  LOL
Steve

Chryco Psycho

I assume you love the cam , it is a great choice !

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 14, 2021, 06:39:41 PM
I assume you love the cam , it is a great choice !
Yes!
It was your recommendation.   :bigthumb: