Main Menu

Manual vs Electric washer bottle

Started by tparker, April 19, 2021, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Just curious if there are different washer bottles for electric vs manual pump? I was looking at one online and it seemed to look the same but the description said it was for an electric pump. If so, what is the difference?

anlauto

Manual jugs have a nipple you attached the hose directly to, electric jugs have a hole to mount the washer pump/seal.

Easy to convert one way obviously  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@anlauto is it still virtually impossible to get one of the manual rubber pump bulbs?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

$150 might be a bargain in a few years...
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

69BFan

The rubber outer boot is the same as used on the Ford products from what we have been able to determine.  We sell them at $15.00.  They were used on so many applications, they will be available for some time.  Even though we manufacture the manual washer bottles for the various applications, it seem that everyone just converts over to the electrical pump and washer bottle.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.