Main Menu

Air cleaner dual 360. Pictures included.

Started by northerncuda2021, June 05, 2021, 08:24:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

northerncuda2021

I acquired this air cleaner and I'm on the fence if I should change decal and use on my 70 cuda.  I know it's not right but my question to you guys is.  Am I better off to sell ( not sure of value) and buy a proper dual for a cuda.  Or do I sandblast and paint wrinkle black and call it good enough.   The paint and stickers are original so kinda wondering if that makes it more valuable ???   Not a lot of trade options in my area.  Thanks guys.

RUNCHARGER

Believe it or not that air cleaner is a lot rarer than a 70 style. I would sell it to someone who needs it and buy a proper 70 for your car. More 2-3-4 cars are being properly restored every day so there is a market for the proper parts where there wasn't a few years ago.
Sheldon

autoxcuda

That's some application that  1974 and up.

Valuable. Check www.nicksgarsge.com for specifics.

Sell it and buy 68-69 round open type air cleaner. Would look more fitting and more correct for your car. And perform better.

I'd also suggest buying a 70-71 single snorkel and cutting snorkel off and cutting two wholes in side to mimic the expensive 70-71 340 air cleaner. There was a post somewhere detailing that. Not sure if here or FABO. Google search it.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

northerncuda2021

Ok if anyone is interested in some kind of trade I would do it.  Thanks.  I actually can't seem to find what car it comes off.  Seen lots of 340 type but not 360.  Thank u for the info.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

My information says 1973 (340) and 1974 (360) were single snorkel. I'll bet @Burdar knows for sure!

Burdar

72 340 single snorkel with trap door.

73 340 single snorkel no trap door

74 360 single snorkel with round end.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Bullitt-

It appears to be made like the '74 big block version...
         https://nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm
I imagine someone could have substituted the lid from a 360
   If I had it I'd be makin a '70-71 340 unsilenced clone of it.

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

According to Nick, the air cleaner could be off of a 1974 400/440 4-barrel with a substituted 360 pie tin. It has the mentioned different length snorkels. Just like Bullitt- said lol.

Burdar

I think I also read that some moterhomes came with a dual snorkel. It could be a motorhome piece that was repainted.

RUNCHARGER

Motorhome dual snorkles were really close together. B-body, big block I suppose.
Sheldon

northerncuda2021

Ok thanks guys.  I know what I'll do now. Instead of trying to modify it I'll sell it out right and buy myself a more correct one for my cuda.  Thanks guys.

71383bee

Quote from: Burdar on June 05, 2021, 04:47:00 PM
72 340 single snorkel with trap door.

73 340 single snorkel no trap door

74 360 single snorkel with round end.

My 73 340 rallye has the trap door air cleaner.  Pretty certain its bone stock.  Its a March 73 built car from Hamtramck. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

autoxcuda

Quote from: headejm on June 05, 2021, 04:41:43 PM
My information says 1973 (340) and 1974 (360) were single snorkel. I'll bet @Burdar knows for sure!

What book is that ?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...