Main Menu

Anyone running performer rpm intake?

Started by edison1970, January 07, 2019, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

edison1970

What air cleaner are you running on rb in a cuda? I have a Holley Street Avenger on mine and it sits pretty high. I had to fix my bulge hood during body work because previous owner had clearance issues. Don't want to run into another situation.

70 Challenger Lover

I used one on my super bee and I really liked how it ran. I'd like to use one on my Challenger as it comes together so I am also curious on height issues. From what I recall, it was about an inch higher than the stock one.

Chryco Psycho

kawahonda

Can you use the rpm with factory air cleaner w/ RT hood?
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Chryco Psycho

I doubt it , you can use it with the Holley Street Dominator intake but the RPM is significantly higher

303 Mopar

Quote from: kawahonda on January 07, 2019, 10:24:38 PM
Can you use the rpm with factory air cleaner w/ RT hood?

I ran a RPM Performer with a QF carb and 3" KN filter and drop base on my 408 stroker in my '71 Challenger with a bulge hood.

js27

Edelbrock RPM on my 440 with 750 Holley and a drop base air cleaner-no problems.
JS27

kawahonda

Don't want to de-rail this thread, but I thought I read on a previous thread that the RPM + Carter + Stock Air cleaner will fit with the RT hood, but the air cleaner will make contact with the hood insulation (which I can't see being a big deal at all). Maybe I'll find it.

You certainly won't be able to run a thick carb spacer, but probably not needed for an aluminum intake to solve heat-soak issues....especially with the crossovers being blocked. Now I'm starting to realize that the Carter AVS's choke won't function with the RPM intake.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66