Main Menu

Anyone running a 413 ?

Started by 73440, December 16, 2017, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Bought a 72 413 and 727 today.
Froze up , not sure how bad.
Used PB Blaster on all the bolts and spark plugs , not in a hurry so I can let it soak awhile.
They look great with a cross ram on them !

Is anyone running a 413 in any of their cars?

Been thinking may go nice in an early Polara.

1 Wild R/T

Motorhome/industrial engine.... Lot of scrap attached to that block....  Most guys add the crossram intake to a 440...  Pistons are hard to source, you'll be looking at custom which means $$$... Plus since there's no replacement for displacement why go smaller?

Yeah, agree. Heard about the pistons.
But was only $200 bought from neighbor.
Definetly would want the crossram , read that the 30" was ideal at most rpm.

anlauto

....but that 413's really digging in.....gotta be cool now....power shift here we go .... :burnout:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yep, @anlauto , that's the song I was looking for !

Change the heads , water pump , intake , exhaust , etc . etc . etc ..
I read some had gear drive rather than timing chain , cam runs opposite, when I get it into the shed start the teardown.

Chryco Psycho

That has the industrial slant plug heads totally different from the Car heads

cudabob496

do they make a stroker kit?
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

jimynick

It seems it's education time! A '72  413? With an external drum emergency TF behind it??!! WTF?  :dunno:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on December 16, 2017, 09:08:39 PM
It seems it's education time! A '72  413? With an external drum emergency TF behind it??!! WTF?  :dunno:

HD Truck chasis... Probably a motor home..

Was told it was out of a motor home with about 50,000 miles.
The heads have the water pump connected at the front with a temp sensor between center plugs.
I guess that would help with cooling on the RV's.

Seperated the tranny and engine this mornng, with the engine frozen I had to seperate about 1" to get a wrench onto the flexplate convertor bolts , motorcycle jack works great for this .

Engine is not frozen, drivers side cylinders were full of oil.
Pulled #5 and #7 plugs and they were full of oil, pulled all the plugs , cranked on the crank bolt and oil shot up to 10' away ,

cudabob496

better filled with oil than water!
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

RUNCHARGER

It looks to have a few nice pieces on it. That 727 will have HD internals as well, even if you swap them into a Psgr case.
Sheldon

rebelyell

I've got a 413 block in mine...I think It's got 440 heads and a 440 intake and mopar performance valve covers. Came out of a 59-65 passenger vehicle. Casting number on mine is 2205697 which is either a 413 or 426.

Glad the motor isn't frozen! I've been happy with mine. Averages about 15mpg mostly highway.