Main Menu

Ritter Racing Blocks

Started by mopar thunder, December 15, 2017, 06:19:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

Has anyone heard of these?  Kent Ritter designs them and has them manufactured. Hughes Racing is carrying 2 designs of them form what I understand.  Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them?

Chryco Psycho

No experience but Ritter has a great reputation , I would try to buy direct from Ritter rather than the middle man , Hughes can be tough to deal with .
67 reviews give it 10/10 on Ritters blocks

Burdar

SB or BB?  You might check Moparts.  There was a new aluminum SB block that had a lot of problems.  Might have been Ritter...might not have been. 

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

I think someone on Moparts had a problem with one. However don't take my word for it, do a search on Moparts and you should find the details.
Sheldon

mopar thunder

Well this is the block I ended up going with because of what I heard. My engine guy has had a few issues with it as Kent didn't send along any paperwork with it indicating what needs to be fabbed up , how the oiling system should be set up with the block, etc. On top of that my engine guy is really good and meticulous but he is also a single man shop with another full time job so it is taking awhile for it to be completed (to say the least). He says this is a bullet proof block and made very well just not very clean, pretty raw when we picked it up. Some of the needs aren't standard Mopar small block stuff either. I just hope after it is all said and done that if I have any issues with it I won't have to track down a "nuclear scientist" to fix it since I moved away from the builder.

Burdar

I believe I read where one guy got his SB running.  I think the main thing was oiling issues.  Some holes didn't line up where they were supposed to...

If you look it up on Moparts, I think there is a big thread about it.

mopar thunder

That was one of the issues we talked to Kent about. His suggestion was he wanted the oiling to go both in the front and back of the block. He said to split the line coming out of the remote oil filter (guess he was assuming everyone was going remote that bought this block) and install a fitting (minimal AN 8 or 10) on either side. My guy had a hard time with this for my application. We are working around it.