Main Menu

WIW T/A blocks

Started by rftroy, May 13, 2021, 02:11:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rftroy

I need to get replacement value on a whole bunch of stuff for an insurance claim. I'll probably be posting more in the next few days, but let's start with Trans Am blocks
It seems complete TA engines have been going up dramatically the past year, but what about the blocks?

I need to get valuation on 2 blocks.  One is standard bore with one cracked cylinder, so it needs a sleeve. The other is 40 over with very little wear on the bore, and a sleeve put in by Dick Landy Industries when they still existed.
Since it's for insurance, does anyone have any records of recent transactions of TA blocks that I can present to the insurance company?

Thanks,
Robert
70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

FlatlandTA

What are the vins on those blocks? Pricing could be anywhere from 750.00 to 5k and everywhere in between. Know of some that have trades in the 1500-3k range depending on condition.

anlauto

Insurance claim? What happened, are the blocks no longer usable ? :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1972V21Cuda

Are you trying to add insurance value to the cars by stating that an engine block is part of the value?

Blake@diyhemi.com

I can feel tears filling my eyes .. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

rftroy

Since this is for an insurance claim, the only thing that matters to the company is documentation of actual transactions for them to justify a payout.  Guess I didn't really need to describe the blocks. If I can find any transaction, we can compare conditions and negotiate from there.
TA block sales are clearly going to be hard to find. The adjuster starts by checking eBay. Any other recommendations for where to look? Hemmings ads? Other forums for sale sections? Other places?

The blocks will still be usable, and they won't be for sale.

Robert
70 Challenger. On rotisserie. 505, Six Pack, 5SR A-855 5-speed, 3.55, B7 blue;
AAR, 4-speed, 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner, 4-speed, 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv, 383, 4-speed, 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv, Slant 6, OD4, 2.94, 71 B5 blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red

anlauto

It's nice that the insurance company will pay you the value of them and you can keep and still use them... :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration