Main Menu

Running Hot!

Started by Cudajason, August 21, 2018, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda66

You need to fix that timing cover seal.....

I have 1 left of Cometic C5631-060AFM which is a kit with a timing cover gasket made from an aluminum core with chemically foamed Viton Rubber coating, overall thickness is 060 and it will crush to about .040 also comes with a new crank seal.
AFM gaskets require NO Sealers, in this case you will have to use a little bit of Right-Stuff in the pan corners

We no longer stock gaskets (custom order only) so I would let you have this for $20.00 plus the mailing cost.

If you need a front cover we have NEW ones at $39.00 plus shipping out of Vegas

RUNCHARGER

Throw a new water pump at it when you do it and check for corrosion on the TC cover.
Sheldon

cordodge

I have always ran a plate with a 5/8" or 11/16" hole in it instead of a thermostat.

Cudajason

Took the old girl out for a spin tonight around town.

There seems to be a bit of a leak while it is sitting, bit while its running, it is not pouring out like it was under pressure, so I think I will be ok to drive it for a bit, then flush it very good.

It was a cool night, never got anove 200!

Once the cold weather hits, i will pull it apart and fix the leak, maybe more.

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on August 30, 2018, 06:15:50 PM
Since you may have 1/2 the motor out you should put in  a new hemi  :tool:

You're a funny guy!!!!  (Goodfellas refference!)

@Cuda66 thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

Well out for another spin this afternoon.

It is a vey hot humid day here...84 degrees but feels like 102. It is HOT!!

The car never got ove 210, if that, in the city and a good crusie at 80k or so.

I am preyy happy with that. I am going to flush it good leter in the week and see how much crap i get out.   

jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RUNCHARGER

Good: Then refill with A/F, straight water will promote corrosion.
Sheldon

Cudajason

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 02, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

Yeah thats my plan!

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 02, 2018, 02:41:55 PM
And Sheldon probably means  50/50 mix. Buy premix or use distilled water to mix with the AF.

straight anti-freeze is no good  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

Indeed I do, he knows that though. Some of the younger ones might not though.
Sheldon

Timbbuc2

After thinking about this, I had the same in my daughters 04 Monte Carlo, looked like someone put mud in the radiator., I have attached a link to help describe what is happening. Its called Electrolysis

http://www.griffinrad.com/electrolysis.php?tid=46
Get in, I'll drive

A.Gramz

I put red long life in everything I own.  Dose a better job at keeping good ph levels.  My  :alan2cents: