Main Menu

Show me your Small Block LA aftermarket valve covers!

Started by FSHTAIL, November 30, 2021, 07:17:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

I currently have the Cast Aluminum Mopar Performance valve covers and they're pretty ratty...

Could you show me what aftermarket valve covers you're running on your Small Block LA?

Thanks!
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

HITTER23

jimynick

"I currently have the Mopar valve covers"

What does that mean? The original sheet metal ones or the cast aluminum ones or the Direct Connection ones? My 360 has the Mickey Thompson cast ones on it and if I could figure out how to post a photo here, I'd do so.  :sorry:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

FSHTAIL

Quote from: jimynick on December 01, 2021, 01:38:02 PM
"I currently have the Mopar valve covers"

What does that mean? The original sheet metal ones or the cast aluminum ones or the Direct Connection ones? My 360 has the Mickey Thompson cast ones on it and if I could figure out how to post a photo here, I'd do so.  :sorry:

My mistake, I didn't use enough detail, I have also edited my first post to reflect the type and condition.

The Mopar performance cast aluminum crinkle black variant..   
The crinkle has chipped off in a few places, so I just rattle canned them all black when doing valve cover gaskets years ago.

I recently freshened up the engine and detailed it with the proper color paint because the previous owner painted it horribly with snapper green paint and didn't bother masking off the valve covers.. 

As far as photos go..
When you make a reply or start a new post, where it says "Attach:"     click on the "Choose File" and look for the pictures on your phone or computer.. 

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, feel free to ask..   

autoxcuda

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

FSHTAIL

Quote from: autoxcuda on December 01, 2021, 04:20:27 PM
Trans Am / NASCAR style ....

Thats killer, you want to actually drive your car, denso alt swap, milodon road race pan with the trap doors..     VERY nice.. 
I'd love to check out the cars build..       

I'd never seen those valve covers, they look similar to the aluminum cast Mopars, but blank..       
Where did you find those?     

FF376

Old set of 1980's Direct Connection chrome factory style covers.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: FF376 on December 01, 2021, 04:45:28 PM

Picture doesn't seem to work/load..     :notsure:

cudaragtop

A couple different pics of my 340.
I switch between the Stock Round 340 Air Cleaner and the Big Oval Air Cleaner. Running the Round Air Cleaner right now.
I really like them both. Cast Mopar Performance Valve Covers.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Dakota

I tried a little different approach to painting them.  And yes, the car exterior is FC7.

autoxcuda

Quote from: FF376 on December 01, 2021, 04:45:28 PM

Those are many times called "Cal Custom"   Cal Custom was an aftermarket company. Not sure if they actually manufactured this stuff or private labeled with actual manufacturers.

There are variations of them with different writing in the rectangular center. One says "Pro/Stock" and was sold through JC Penny's.

Petty 78 Dodge Magnum (was 74 Charger)

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

three two barrels

Here are my Cal Customs that I had powder coated

HP2

Using chromed, stamped steel Milodon covers on my current mill.

Used to have blue anodized, stamped aluminum Mopar units when it was in my drag car.

ragtopdodge

1970Mopower

My personal favorite that I had on a 340 that's now been sold / replaced by a 383 with similar valve covers. They no longer make the big block version but you can still get the small block ones from Proform/Summit/Jegs etc.