Main Menu

"Show" radiator cap?

Started by hamtramck, June 18, 2019, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hamtramck

Recently bought a radiator cap for my '70 'Cuda from Dale's Cuda Shop and I paid extra for the "show" cap which is a bronze color opposed to the standard aluminum looking cap. Anyone out there know anything about these "show" caps?

anlauto

They look nice and work well, I put them on all my restorations, (only because I bought 20 of them when I had an account with Dale's)  but they are incorrect for any OE restoration :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

hamtramck

If it's incorrect why did it cost more?

anlauto

Because the cheaper one they sell is even less correct. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

This is the most correct one available I believe....but probably still not OE level.

This one is available at Roseville Chrysler

Cuda_mark

Does anyone know what Glen Ray uses on their reproduction radiators?

And @anlauto , do you use Glen Ray?

anlauto

In the past twenty years I've installed two "Glen-Ray" radiators. One is in the purple Cuda convertible I just finished, customer supplied it. When I opened the box there was no rad cap on that rad.

The other I purchased last year for one of the sunroof cars I restored because I couldn't hunt down an original. It came with the rad cap pictured above or one just like it. :alan2cents:

69BFan

Most of the large rivet style caps are coming from AMK Products.  They offer the cap above with the blank logo or with the "SMCO" stamping or with the close lettering "SMCO".  If your looking for the small rivet style, Ron Felwock supplies the most accurate variety of that particular cap.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

1 Wild R/T

I thought Ron had closed shop years ago? 

mccannix

Ron is back in the game again.
Has a huge tent at Chryslers @ Carlisle the last 3 years now.

1 Wild R/T

Excellent, he always had access to little detail stuff that other vendors couldn't seem to source...

anlauto

You beat me to it Terry....I try to visit Ron's booth first because he was digging out some old stuff....A couple of years ago he had the correct NOS door striker bolts for sale for $16 each....I look at them in awe and asked how many he had? ....showed me the bin and said...that was it....I bought them all ! I think it was 19 or so....I know it was an odd number because I only have one left  :rofl: