Main Menu

SLOW.... process for my engine rebuild

Started by mopar thunder, October 05, 2017, 05:05:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

I haven't posted much because basically I am disgusted. Ever since my engine was rebuilt and I unexpectedly was given a review and shoot by Mopar Muscle it has gone downhill. I THINK, all the bugs are out now and we have made the turn although I'm sure something else might go wrong. Under recommendation I bought a Ritter Racing block based on the power I was making. But this block has been fighting my guy the whole way. Here are some pics of my block prep. First the crank counter balance weights were hitting, then he found the shop didn't key way it twice which is needed for the Pro Charger pulley and on and on. I believe we are ready to assemble now. All of the internal boring and honing is complete and the block has been washed twice. The head work has been completed to match this combination so lets just hope all goes well.  Although this engine builder is top notch he is slow so I don't expect a turn around anytime soon.  Heck I dropped it off September 2016!

Chryco Psycho

Everything non factory can be a nightmare , things that you are told will fit won't , or are incompatable with the next non factory part
I just went through this with what seemed to be an easy assy , but everything had to be replaced or modified to work properly even though everything just "bolts together "  :bricks:
Very time consuming !