Main Menu

TA rocker dilemma

Started by spoolinhard, August 21, 2020, 10:17:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

spoolinhard

One of the offset rockers for my TA's engine is missing. I purchased the engine that way. I recently got the engine back from the machinest, so it's good to put together, other than the missing rocker. I can purchased a used set for big bucks in order to get ONE used rocker, or for slightly less money I can go for a full aftermarket assembly. I have an emphasis with reliability on this build. Seems dumb to spend big bucks to get one used rocker when I can get a modern setup. At the same time, it's irritating that I have a mostly complete set of offset rockers that are ready to go -1, and not use them. Thoughts?

MoparLeo

You posted this same question on FEBO a couple of months ago. Anything different now? You know that you need special offset rockers with those heads and have 2 options, still. Get an original or go with aftermarket. Just like on the other site, the options and answers will be the same. For reliability and to have new ( not 50 year old parts) aftermarket is still the way to go. Just steer clear of the import stuff. Buy it right and you will only buy it once. Remember that " THE QUALITY IS REMEMBERED LONG AFTER THE PRICE IS FORGOTTEN"
And as we know, the "273" rocker is not the same part. The T/A is more robust. You know the difference when you see them together. Look at the photos above of ll the factory "LA" style rockers.  I would also check with machine shops that are Mopar oriented. They may have info on getting original parts.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Chryco Psycho

I forget which one you are missing But if it is an exhaust rocker you should be able to get away with using a 273 rocker , if you are not going for max performance out of the build all of the time , you could get a set of 273 rockers & have 7 spares .