Main Menu

Enclosed trailer dilemma

Started by cordodge, March 31, 2018, 12:37:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

Well spent most of the day looking at Aluminum enclosed trailers. Some are just plain with no bells or whistles and I looked at one that was decked out pretty nicely. So I basically got a quote on a 20ft NEO trailer with the options I wanted like finished walls, ceiling, floor and Escape door and a couple cabinets and two tone colour ( silver & red ) of coarse lol. With taxes I am looking at $17,000!!!. Beautiful trailer don't get me wrong but I told the wife I instantly started to think of a car I could buy for that lol. :thinking: My wife really wants a 65 Belvedere or satellite so now im thinking if I had to trailer the car somewhere I could just rent one for the weekend or whatever. I took it to London Ontario this past weekend on an open trailer and 10 miles from home a tractor trailer re-tread tire exploded right in front of me and a 2ft chunk of rubber missed the car by 3ft !!! I almost sh&t my pants.

Brads70

Then add in the annual safety for both your truck and trailer , added insurance ( now a commercial vehicle) and the annual yellow sticker fee's..... :pullinghair:
Tell me again why I want to move.....
If you know anyone that races circle track ask them to keep an eye out for a used one maybe? Some of those guys seem to have deep pockets and upgrade often? 

blown motor

@cordodge  where did you price it? I priced one at Action Trailers north of Strathroy in January. 20' V-nose, aluminum, basic trailer and it was $10K if I remember. They were on sale and I know the base price has gone up since then.

Give these guys a try. They have a store in Mitchell. I talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said they could beet anyone's price.  http://www.trailerbrokercanada.ca/
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I would like to buy one too.....but I iz poo :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

:thinking: You could store a" 65 Belvedere or satellite " in an enclosed trailer though....  :lurking: :D

cordodge

Quote from: Brads70 on March 31, 2018, 01:05:19 PM
Then add in the annual safety for both your truck and trailer , added insurance ( now a commercial vehicle) and the annual yellow sticker fee's..... :pullinghair:
If you know anyone that races circle track ask them to keep an eye out for a used one maybe? Some of those guys seem to have deep pockets and upgrade often?

Yeah I just found that out last week, Never ending money grabs here. That's why ill be spending more time at our home in Puerto Vallarta lol. Yeah that's a good idea, the steel ones are cheaper but then I would probably have to upgrade my truck and that would be expensive for sure.

cordodge

Quote from: blown motor on March 31, 2018, 01:07:36 PM
@cordodge  where did you price it? I priced one at Action Trailers north of Strathroy in January. 20' V-nose, aluminum, basic trailer and it was $10K if I remember. They were on sale and I know the base price has gone up since then.

Give these guys a try. They have a store in Mitchell. I talked to them a couple weeks ago and they said they could beet anyone's price.  http://www.trailerbrokercanada.ca/

Yeah I was at action today, I think the basic steel ones are in that area just don't want to up grade my truck. the aluminum ones are around 2500lbs. Ill check those guys out, maybe they will have a 65 Plymouth there lol

anlauto

Quote from: cordodge on March 31, 2018, 01:39:25 PM

Yeah I was at action today, I think the basic steel ones are in that area just don't want to up grade my truck. the aluminum ones are around 2500lbs. Ill check those guys out, maybe they will have a 65 Plymouth there lol
http://www.trailerbrokercanada.ca/new-inventory/index.htm?model=8.5X20TA4&&&&
They have this one for $12,600
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cordodge

Quote from: anlauto on March 31, 2018, 01:42:31 PM

Yeah just seen that one, it has the escape door as well. Might have to give them a call. I'm just going through the " how many times a year ill actually use it thing" im thinking two maybe three times :thinking:

Chryco Psycho

Why not put the $$ into the L500 & finish your Hauler

cordodge

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 31, 2018, 01:58:43 PM
Why not put the $$ into the L500 & finish your Hauler

Well, I wish I could but when the motor went south I sold it and my roadrunner as I had to stop the bleeding, $17,000 to fix the motor. It was and still is hard to swallow. Had been looking forward to finishing the roadrunner as it was basically ready to go to my body guy and while it was there I was planning on working on the L-700. With the Challenger finished and not wanting to touch my wifes truck I think I need something to work on. I spotted a 70 jeep Comanche today in really good shape and im thinking I could do something cool with it but I also think im just in grab it mode lol

Chryco Psycho

Too bad you sold it , I was looking forward to seeing that built up , maybe look for a similar project probably more workable than a trailer

blown motor

Quote from: cordodge on March 31, 2018, 01:34:12 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on March 31, 2018, 01:05:19 PM

Yeah I just found that out last week, Never ending money grabs here. That's why ill be spending more time at our home in Puerto Vallarta lol. Yeah that's a good idea, the steel ones are cheaper but then I would probably have to upgrade my truck and that would be expensive for sure.

Why would you have to upgrade your truck for a steel one? I think I was told they are only about 400 lbs heavier.

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on March 31, 2018, 01:42:31 PM

That has the heavy axles too. Are you interested in joint ownership?

anlauto

Joint ownership never works if you guys want to go to the same shows... :Stirring: