Main Menu

TA Trans to Engine Supports

Started by VCODE, March 03, 2024, 06:55:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

Looking for the correct TA Transmission to Engine Supports Measurements.
Anyone have TA with Auto Transmission and the correct supports that I could get a picture of with the measurement's. I have one side but they look different and have different lengths.
Any help is appreciated
bob

Mr Cuda

I cannot speak about AAR Ta specifically,  but to my knowledge there is only 727 and 904 varieties.
 I have a pile of these with perfect  plating.

VCODE

Quote from: Mr Cuda on March 03, 2024, 07:18:01 AMI cannot speak about AAR Ta specifically,  but to my knowledge there is only 727 and 904 varieties.
 I have a pile of these with perfect  plating.

Check your PM

Mr Cuda

I have a pile if these support struts in the solvent tank to be cleaned enough for pictures.
Meanwhile,  I find myself remembering more than I care too about these parts. They change a bit in later years with thicker webbing and  extra clearance notches.  Also the addition of bin or manufacturing codes.
904 and 727 right side appear to be the same length,  born out by the position of the bolt holes in the torque converter shield being the same.
The left strut is different,  longer for 727.
They are not plated, but raw, with only the mill finish,  so prone to rust.
After sorting them from all around the shop, I will have extras if anyone besides VCODE needs some.

VCODE

Quote from: Mr Cuda on March 04, 2024, 04:17:25 PMI have a pile if these support struts in the solvent tank to be cleaned enough for pictures.
Meanwhile,  I find myself remembering more than I care too about these parts. They change a bit in later years with thicker webbing and  extra clearance notches.  Also the addition of bin or manufacturing codes.
904 and 727 right side appear to be the same length,  born out by the position of the bolt holes in the torque converter shield being the same.
The left strut is different,  longer for 727.
They are not plated, but raw, with only the mill finish,  so prone to rust.
After sorting them from all around the shop, I will have extras if anyone besides VCODE needs some.

Thanks for the great info.
The left picture with the two different supports. I seem to have the left one in the picture
with the cut outs and looks stronger. Is that the correct one for the 70 with 727