Main Menu

Help choosing a Ram three finger Pressure plate

Started by Jocigar, September 25, 2019, 04:23:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jocigar

Sorry for all the questions.

I decided to scrap the old flywheel and pressure plate they were worn and heat cracked.

Been working with Passon performance and will order new parts from them.   

I notice brewers offers a Ram 'performance kit' w/2800 lbs PP and a 'street kit' w/2400 lbs PP.

Stock 440/6 engine with mild cam..  should I pay extra for the 'performance' or is the 'street' good enough?  Jamie mentioned street is good to 450 hp and I'm not sure what factory setup offered in PP lbs.

As always, your knowledge and advise is appreciated   :worship:   

RUNCHARGER

You should be close to 440HP, why have something at it's limit.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

First I am more concerned with Tq than HP
There are a number of different facings for the disc itself - semi metallic / kevlar / ceramic / feramic all with different properties , I prefer the last 3 as they will hold better at the same pressure , I chewed up a semi metallic in 50 miles in my duster for example ! You can also get street twin dual disc clutches which I really like as the double the surface area without increasing pressure .
I agree with Sheldon over buy unless you enjoy replacing clutches ! :burnout:

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Yes after I replied I also was thinking it is the torque that hurts parts. I'm not familiar with the Ram clutches at all but I understand that's the choice after Mcleod pulled out. The street twins are sure nice but pricey of course.
Sheldon

Jocigar

The 'performance kit" comes with ceramic blend clutch plate so I will go in that direction.

Sunday morning coffee shop and car shows will be most of the use.. outside of some celebratory burnouts and donuts once its finished.

Interesting, I didn't think I would be much over 400hp if 390 stock.