Main Menu

What are the names of these carb parts???

Started by Rev-It-Up, May 05, 2017, 01:46:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rev-It-Up

We are working on getting all the throttle and kickdown linkages done on the duster.  However, we are missing a few pieces on the carburetor.  I don't know what they are called so I can order them. Holley doesn't list thingamajigs and doohickeys!   :bricks:  Any help is appreciated! 

The first 2 pics are of Pixie's carb where the parts are missing.  The third pic is of a new Holley with arrows by the parts that I'm looking for.  (Don't laugh at my arrows...ok...you can laugh at my arrows).
Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

Sooo...looks like we are missing at least #1 and #2 (choke plate and shaft assembly) along with all those linkages on the side (ours has nothing right now...pic attached).  Now for the doohickey...
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

the first pictures shows the removed Choke plate & linkage , you may not need ths if you only drive in warm weather & all of the likage has been removed on both sides of the carb
you will need the secondary linkage between the 2 throttleshafts
You also need the Holley adapter part # 20-7 http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/157302/10002/-1

Rev-It-Up

She will only be driving in warm weather for sure (maybe 12 years ago we made this decision??  :huh:

OK...secondary linkage for the win!! Thanks Chryco!  I'll get that and the adapter.

Case closed....for now....  ::)
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

You are also missing the shooter / checkball / screw & gaskets
http://www.jegs.com/p/Holley/Holley-Accelerator-Pump-Discharge-Nozzles/746580/10002/-1
I would get a 28  these are better Holley 121-228
you also need  121-5 & 121-6
I definatly did NOT go through that carb

HP_Cuda

At this point I wonder if it's worthwhile to just buy a vacuum 600 for this and be done instead of chasing parts down.

Too bad I wasn't closer to ya cause I probably have all these parts here somewhere.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chryco Psycho

It is a good carb & should work fine but it may be worth getting a kit for it .
I have of the needed parts also ...... only about 6000 miles away though

Brads70

I have a 3310- 750cfm carb I could give you? Just pay the shipping?

Rev-It-Up

@Chryco Psycho so....If we were so inclined to buy a new carb...what would you advise? 
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

Ok well from experience the 318 will not like more than 600 cfm especially a stock 318 , The best carbs i have used are the Profom   
Personally  I would use what you have unless you really find it has problems like a Demon I recall  :thinking:

Topcat

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on May 05, 2017, 04:28:26 PM
@Chryco Psycho so....If we were so inclined to buy a new carb...what would you advise?

Nobody mentioned a Carter/Edelbrock?   :dunno:

Great carbs. Easy to tune. Mopar look.   :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

They are easy to tune because there is almost nothing that is adjustable on them which makes them simple to work with but  but generally leaves a lot of response , HP  , Mileage , drivability untapped . Floats are not adjustable without disassemby so you are guessing with different fuel pressure , no squirter choices just small medium & large vs 14 with Holley type , no accelerator pump profile modification just 3 positions for total volume vs 16 with Holley cams , no way to adjust air bleeds unless you epoxy & redrill with number drill sets  which I have done to try to compensate for engines with low vacuum,  the list goes on .

No one mentioned EFI either which would be my top choice if $$ is unlimited , as my friend said Carbs are just a controlled fuel leak EFI is so much more accurate

Topcat

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 05, 2017, 07:38:33 PM
They are easy to tune because there is almost nothing that is adjustable on them which makes them simple to work with but  but generally leaves a lot of response , HP  , Mileage , drivability untapped .

No one mentioned EFI either which would be my top choice if $$ is unlimited , as my friend said Carbs are just a controlled fuel leak EFI is so much more accurate

1. I don't think Heather is planning on Drag racing.
2. The strip kits work very well getting a good off the line response.

Chryco Psycho

Who is discussing drag racing , the carbs are untunable

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Topcat on May 05, 2017, 07:46:01 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 05, 2017, 07:38:33 PM
They are easy to tune because there is almost nothing that is adjustable on them which makes them simple to work with but  but generally leaves a lot of response , HP  , Mileage , drivability untapped .

1. I don't think Heather is planning on Drag racing.
2. The strip kits work very well getting a good off the line response.

I get your point & I am not trying to be an ass really ...... but tuning is all about efficiency no matter how you use the vehicle , I have tuned all types of carbs & been able to get 22 mpg + from powerful 440s but requires careful attn to every circuit in the carb so it is never wasting fuel if possible  if  it is at idle , part throttle , accelerating , cruising or WOT ! The Carter /Eddy carbs simply do not have provision to tune most of the critical circuits well if at all. Now I fully understand most people will never tune their carbs close to perfection as they do not understand how to & do not take the time learn but for me & want everything that is available for the $$ spent  :alan2cents: