Main Menu

340 Belt Routing

Started by Lunchbox, April 20, 2023, 06:59:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lunchbox

The previous owner of my car pulled out the factory A/C system and messed around quite a bit pulling off factory items and replacing with aftermarket. Looking for any pics or diagrams to try to figure out what I'm missing to start to source the parts. Have found some pics using google, but must are blocked by radiator shroud or something else.

340 engine with A/C and manual steering.

MoparLeo

contact Bouchillon Performance. They reproduce all the brackets and pulleys.
https://www.bouchillonperformance.com/products-brackets
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

tparker

I have a 340 that swapped out a 318, which had A/C. I'll see if I have pics. I swapped out the crank pulley recently and had a heck of a time trying to figure out exactly what I needed. I want to help, but I'll get it all wrong now. I'll share what I have tomorrow(friday).

tparker

I had a 318 with A/c I switched out for a 340. I used the same parts. I am in the middle of rebuilding it and removing the A/C for the time being. I'm having a hard time getting the right pulleys myself. I bought some recently but the are off a bit, so I can't used them.

My alternator has a two groove pulley, both that go to the A/C unit and down to the crank pulley. The crank pulley is a 3 groove pulley where the inner two groves go to the alt and A/C/ The outer most groove goes to the water pump and Steering pump.

The more I look at internet photos the more confused I get. I have a decent photo of one, but they got 4 groove crank pulley. And there are many others. LOL. I can sorta get you some mock up photos without the A/C, but you can get a general idea. I'm currently wrestling with this so it isn't a big deal.

tparker

I was having some issues with my routing so I put the ac back on to figure out how it was originally routed so I could then figure out how I want to reroute it. I don't have the longer belts so you will have to imaging the belts from the alt to the air compressor go on the inside two grooves of the 3 groove pulley on the crank. Here are the pics I have

Lunchbox

@tparker thanks for the pics, these along with the diagrams posted in your other thread have been a big help.

MoparCarGuy

Here is another 340 with A/C but it has power steering.