Main Menu

Speedometer Cable Routing

Started by Shane Kelley, May 10, 2017, 02:13:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Does anybody have any pics of the speedometer cable routing under the hood of a manual trans car? I know how it goes under the dash. Just not sure how it routes coming out of firewall to the floor retainer. I would like to see how it goes around clutch Z bar and where it clips to the frame. Thanks

fc7cuda

Hmmm, I can take some pics of mine this weekend, but perhaps it's shown in the illustrations found here: http://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Service_Manuals/

Shane Kelley

I have a factory service manual and a restoration manual. I have looked and looked through them. I'm not saying it's not in there. But I sure as hell can't find it.

Cuda Cody

The problem I have found is some of the reproductions are much longer then originals and you need to find where to put the extra length.  I can try to get a photo later, but it might be you have to make it work with the length you have.  If FC7cuda is not able to get you a photo I will try to remember when I get home.  Don't be afraid to remind me if I forget (still morning here at work).

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 10, 2017, 09:12:16 AM
The problem I have found is some of the reproductions are much longer then originals and you need to find where to put the extra length.  I can try to get a photo later, but it might be you have to make it work with the length you have.  If FC7cuda is not able to get you a photo I will try to remember when I get home.  Don't be afraid to remind me if I forget (still morning here at work).
That's not really my problem. I'm just not sure where it is supposed to route around or under clutch shaft and where that clip goes on the frame. I know about where it probably goes but not exactly. Main issue is clutch shaft area. Thanks

Cuda Cody

My other 4 speeds are on the tops of the lifts.  The only one I have access to right now is one I'm working on.  The engine was pulled out once before I got it, but not sure about the trans (it is numbers matching trans).  And I'm pretty sure the original dash has not been out.  There is one photo I took when I was removing the engine and the 2nd one is one I took right now.  Not saying this is 100% for sure they way it goes, it's just all I can get right now.

Cuda Cody

A photo speedo cable on the same car....

Cuda Cody

@Shane Kelley   you can click the photos to enlarge them if needed.     :slapme5:

Shane Kelley

These work just fine. It's what I was thinking nut just not for sure. I hate putting something together and then later out find out it's in the way of something else and have to start pulling stuff back apart. Thanks Cody!