Main Menu

318 Single exhaust to TTI dual exhaust [through valance]

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, June 21, 2017, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

My car was originally a 318-single exhaust car and has been converted to the 'Cuda rear valance.

I will be buying a TTI exhaust system and am curious what hurdles I may run into.

Are there rear hanger mounts that I would be missing back near the tailpipes that I need to buy/weld in?

Any other issues I potentially need to get ahead of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Burdar

Don't remember if your car is a 72 or 73.

My 73 has this style hanger on the passengers side.  They are available from Accurate Exhaust.(74s with dual exhaust used this hanger on both DS and PS)

It mounts to the rear shock x-member.  You can see it in the upper left of this picture.  The strap wraps around the "over axle" pipe.  You might have to modify the strap to accept larger pipe depending on what size you are going to use.

The drivers side uses a different style hanger mount. The DS uses a two piece hanger that bolts through the floor pan.  One half of the hanger is visible behind the back seat area.  I bought mine from Dales Cuda Shop.  They also sell the corresponding hanger for that mount if you don't get one from TTI.  Dales also sells factory style rear muffler/tip hangers if you need those.
http://www.dalescudashop.com/19eretoflpan.html

Burdar

Here you can see where the drivers side piece mounts to the floor pan.(uses four bolts) Your car should have four indentations where you need to drill.
https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/attachments/032-jpg.34351/

Picture of passengers side hanger with pipe attached.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii100/wbullitt99/tech/P1010016-3.jpg

The factory started changing the exhaust hangers in the later years.  I'm not sure if anyone has ever documented all the changes and when they happened.  Late 73's might of been the same as 74's with the shock x-member hangers.(both sides)  Some 73s used a welded mount on the floor pan on the passengers side.(just like the earlier years)  Some of the differences might be Challenger/Cuda specific.  Look to see what style of mount is on the passengers side of your car right now.  Have a look at the shock x-member and see if you have brackets welded to it for the strap hanger that I showed.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

TTI sells everything you need. The two trunk tip hangers and the two floor mount brackets for the muffler hangers :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:
I have generally used the mount that bolts behind the rear seat on both sides , TTI will supply this if you ask them to , this will support the weight just behind the mufflers under the seat & then you have that two tip hangars that go through the trunk floor .

MoparLeo

TTI is pretty much a one stop shop for the complete exhaust and mounting brackets. You should also get the muffler/fuel tank heat shields for both sides.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...