Main Menu

70 cuda Factory style exhaust tips?

Started by Norcal440cuda, July 19, 2023, 04:12:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Norcal440cuda

Does anybody know where I could find a set of factory style exhaust tips for my 70 cuda?
The ones I have been finding online are too sharp around the edges and I can't seem to find original looking ones. Does anyone have a used set or suggest something closer to stock look?

Norcal440cuda

Seen those but $1000 is a little more than I'd like to spend on exhaust tips haha

pschlosser

Unless you have some super awesome numbers matching show car, once the not-so-OEM exhaust tips are installed, it's hard to tell they are not OEM.  If $1000/pair is beyond your budget, look to these other types.  They still look great installed through the rear lower valance.  I think the year one tips are only like $200 a pair.

Norcal440cuda

It actually is a fully restored show quality numbers matching 440 cuda. I just don't like the tips I had originally purchased. But I'll definitely check out the year one product.

Norcal440cuda

I might have to just bite the bullet and buy the expensive ones off eBay.  :crying:

Norcal440cuda

Does any one have pictures of the year one tips installed??

pschlosser

Correction, Year One Chrome $344/set - https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/dx49lhrh
And I saw this, just now, a $600 NOS set on epay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/185822082064
But, you may have already checked these out.

If the car is show quality, then you're cleaning the carbon and soot off the tips.  Were you not, I think the lesser ones (after carbon soot applied) look the same sticking out the valence.

Norcal440cuda

Yes, I clean the carbon build up off the exhaust.. I'll do more research and decide.

Cuda_mark

I bought the PG Classic ones initially and I also didn't like the sharp corners. I ended up buying an NOS set off of a member here, JEJJ. Maybe he has another set?

tx9cuda

The ones from Dales Cuda Shop look pretty nice for repros.
https://www.dalescudashop.com/197074-cuda-exhaus197074.html
Unfortunately they are currently Out of Stock.
BS23H1B

Norcal440cuda

Yes the Dales tips seem to look similar but I'm not sure if they have the slight angle on the end of the tip. I'll shoot them an email and see what they say. The year ones don't seem to look bad either. I'm going to try and find pictures of them installed on members cars.

71GranCoupe

I had a pair of Dales tips and they are as close to originals I have seen. The price of these things are out of sight lately. I did sell a used pair of originals for 150 and after how hard they are to locate them, appears I sold them for a low price. They were very nice and not rotted out. Good luck on the search.

usraptor

Have you checked with Dave at Roseville?  He usually has about the best quality reproduction parts.  Also, check with Tony at Tony's Parts.  Doesn't Stephens Auto parts/wrecking advertise the largest selection of original/used parts?
Also, check TTI exhaust.  If my memory is correct they have original size/style and ones for larger exhaust pipes.  I have 3" exhaust on my 'Cuda and bought the tips from TTI and they look original to me and nobody has ever commented that they aren't at all the car shows I attend.  Good luck. :twothumbsup: