Main Menu

Anyone using a TTI 2.5 Exhaust system with Hooker Comp. 1 7/8" Headers?

Started by GrandpaKevin, August 05, 2017, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

I'm thinking of installing a TTI 2.5" exhaust system on the wife's car.
I bought the TTI system used with 30 miles on a couple years ago, it is basically new.

I installed Hooker 1 7/8" Comp headers on the car and If I understand right TTI claims I need their special header to pipe adaptors?

Anyone know what these special adaptors look like or if I actually need them?
Is this something my local muffler shop could fab up?

Thanks.

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

the adapter makes it a bolt in deal , but a local shp can get you connected

lulurocks(Ken)

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 05, 2017, 08:04:46 PM
the adapter makes it a bolt in deal , but a local shp can get you connected
:iagree:

The one thing i hate about my tti system is the header to tail transition ,  i feel they go to safe  with the bends and it hangs lower then it needs to ,    This is one thing  Im going to have redone by a muffler shop in the winter ....

Thats why i would go with the above recommendations  ...

Chryco Psycho

there is always some tolerance in the chassis too , some systems I have installed are so tight to the floor it is very difficult to even get the top header flange bolt in & tightened , no ever chassis is identical for sure , & TTI is better than most in that they have a different header for a B or RB engine to keep them tight to the floor , no other company does this except maybe Dougs in my experience so you need to be sure you are using the right header or it will hang low or be too tight to the floor if you use a B header on an RB

GrandpaKevin

Thanks guys.

I found TTI's Hooker comp. adaptor kit, like everything else from TTI it's not cheap considering it's just a collector with a couple bends.

I think I'll keep the TTI system with the matching TTI headers for another project and take the car to my buddy's muffler shop and have him custom bend an entire 2 1/2" system.