Main Menu

Thoughts on Accurate's Exhaust systems

Started by solesurvivor, January 18, 2019, 08:00:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

solesurvivor

Sooo..I have this numbers matching 70 T/A. The exhaust system is original but could use a replacement. Accurate Inc has a high flow system with Hemi mufflers and exhaust tips without the inserts/diffusers(I don't know what they do). But the stock original exhaust note sounds...well...Viperish. Have any of those out there with a T/A or AAR installed this system with success? The system will be connected to the stock exhaust manifolds. I am looking for a better flowing system(the performance side of me) and a better exhaust note(because we all want our cars to sounds as good as they look).

303 Mopar

Not a T/A, but I have the Accurate system with the hemi mufflers on my b-body with small block and manifolds.  It has a great deep tone to it with no drone. Their exhaust fits like a glove too.

Cuda Cody

Sweet T/A!!!!

I've used their exhausts on a couple cars and I'm very happy with it.   :alan2cents: 

solesurvivor

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. With this numbers matching stuff I didn't want to stray to far off. The only thing is the mufflers don't come painted black like they did from the factory. Thats an easy remedy.

Rich G.

I just put an accurate exhaust system on @Cudagirl3406 AAR Cuda. Fit and sounds great. They did make the inserts on the tail pipes for her upon request.

erik70rt

I put one of their systems with the performance free flow mufflers instead of the original style T/A mufflers and I loved it.  Got numerous compliments on the way it sounded. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Mrbill426

I did not know that factory installed mufflers were painted black; is that on all E-bodies?  :huh:

Quote from: solesurvivor on January 18, 2019, 01:54:52 PM
Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. With this numbers matching stuff I didn't want to stray to far off. The only thing is the mufflers don't come painted black like they did from the factory. Thats an easy remedy.

Rich G.

Mrbill426

Mrbill426

I have sent emails to Accurate Exhaust via their web page to both the sales department and the owner addresses... both came back undeliverable   :huh:

1 Wild R/T

Maybe you should call them at 541-672-2661... Since it's in BOLD RED LETTERS ON THEIR WEBSITE... Call us at 541-672-2661

Mrbill426

I sent an email because I figured they were closed over Memorial Day  and I had a pressing question.  I will not have the time to call them for a few days and I was hoping they would check messages and reply; I could then read their reply at my off-hours leisure.  I figured the email issue out and the owner did graciously respond with the information I needed.   :bigthumb:
Thanks for your suggestion though 1 Wild R/T.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 26, 2019, 08:29:44 PM
Maybe you should call them at 541-672-2661... Since it's in BOLD RED LETTERS ON THEIR WEBSITE... Call us at 541-672-2661

1 Wild R/T

It's those darn holidays, always getting in the way of progress......  (Scrooge)   :rofl: :drinkingbud:

73challenger

Quote from: solesurvivor on January 18, 2019, 08:00:30 AMSooo..I have this numbers matching 70 T/A. The exhaust system is original but could use a replacement. Accurate Inc has a high flow system with Hemi mufflers and exhaust tips without the inserts/diffusers(I don't know what they do). But the stock original exhaust note sounds...well...Viperish. Have any of those out there with a T/A or AAR installed this system with success? The system will be connected to the stock exhaust manifolds. I am looking for a better flowing system(the performance side of me) and a better exhaust note(because we all want our cars to sounds as good as they look).
Quote from: solesurvivor on January 18, 2019, 08:00:30 AMSooo..I have this numbers matching 70 T/A. The exhaust system is original but could use a replacement. Accurate Inc has a high flow system with Hemi mufflers and exhaust tips without the inserts/diffusers(I don't know what they do). But the stock original exhaust note sounds...well...Viperish. Have any of those out there with a T/A or AAR installed this system with success? The system will be connected to the stock exhaust manifolds. I am looking for a better flowing system(the performance side of me) and a better exhaust note(because we all want our cars to sounds as good as they look).
I bought mine from accurate, I have a 440, it sounds real good, very throaty.. I will say loud. Not crazy, but not quiet.

7E-Bodies

I did an 11 minute video of it on my youtube channel. It's not on the car yet, but man was I impressed with their communication and guidance. The video should show you a lot. Good looking stuff!

www.youtube.com/@ebodylodge

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green