Main Menu

1970 challenger convertible belt molding

Started by Mixup7071, February 19, 2022, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mixup7071

Hi everyone I was thinking about putting belt molding on my challenger been looking around I can find everything for a barracuda but very few things for a challenger convertible, and I'm guessing they won't interchange, was the belt molding standard on most barracudas and cudas and challengers an option that wasn't very popular even though they sold more cars and I can't even find a picture of the piece that goes on the quarter panel by the back window. Thanks everyone for any help

anlauto

As you know, it was only an option and not standard on Challenger convertibles in 70 and 71.

However you're correct...It was Standard on ALL Cuda convertibles as well as Standard on all Grand Coupe convertibles, only an option on Barracuda convertibles.
Therefore a lot more Plymouth convertibles had them in 70-71  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mixup7071

I figured that's probably what it was, any body know if someone is making any pieces of belt molding mainly door and quarter panel, and are the cuda and challengers that different

anlauto

Yes, unfortunately the Cuda ones are totally different.

The Challenger hardtop door/fender/hood pieces are all the same as convertible pieces, it's only the quarter panel piece that is unique.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration