Main Menu

Wives area

Started by turbostang7, March 11, 2017, 05:34:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudajunction

Awww... Thanks!  I had 5 great spots in Portland that the rest missed *girl power* 

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: cudajunction on April 14, 2017, 08:17:44 PM
Awww... Thanks!  I had 5 great spots in Portland that the rest missed *girl power*

Sounds like you and I would get along great!

I have found there to be 3 levels of "involvement" for women in this hobby and I've placed a guesstimate for the percentage of each...

1: 80% = Totally does not get it. They would rather do anything on the planet then attend a car show.

2. 18% = Fun social outlet. These are the ladies who enjoy riding around with their husbands and will be involved with the local car club and enjoy the Christmas parties.

3. 2% = Completely hands on. These are the ladies who don't mind getting their hands dirty, can name every part on their car and have even taken their car down the track a few times.

#1 and #3 don't usually play well together.
Rev-It-Up

HUSTLESTUFF

My girlfriend is definitely a #3 on that above list.  Although she is a Chevy girl.  I bought her a 2014 1LE camaro and we go out on the road course.  Even did Optima at thunderhill.  She led the Novice group times the first session.  No one believes that the car is hers.  She has almost 55,000 miles on it and except for trips we've done i know I have less than 500 in it.  We built a 72 C20 for her and now drives that most of the time.  She loves driving the Chargers and can't wait for the Cuda to be done.

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on April 14, 2017, 09:46:58 PM
My girlfriend is definitely a #3 on that above list.  Although she is a Chevy girl.  I bought her a 2014 1LE camaro and we go out on the road course.  Even did Optima at thunderhill.  She led the Novice group times the first session.  No one believes that the car is hers.  She has almost 55,000 miles on it and except for trips we've done i know I have less than 500 in it.  We built a 72 C20 for her and now drives that most of the time.  She loves driving the Chargers and can't wait for the Cuda to be done.

:clapping: my kinda girl!
Rev-It-Up

1ownr

I don't belong to any of the 3 . . . . maybe I do and just don't know it.  :Thud:
Always considered myself a "car" person, love driving, riding and learning as much as I can about them, never worked on them though.
I always enjoyed driving off-road truck rallies when we were active in that.

I think what I like most is that Charlie & I have something that we both enjoy even though only he does the wrenching.    :slapme5: 

judy

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: 1ownr on April 15, 2017, 03:55:13 AM
I don't belong to any of the 3 . . . . maybe I do and just don't know it.  :Thud:
Always considered myself a "car" person, love driving, riding and learning as much as I can about them, never worked on them though.
I always enjoyed driving off-road truck rallies when we were active in that.

I think what I like most is that Charlie & I have something that we both enjoy even though only he does the wrenching.    :slapme5: 

judy

Hey Judy! You might be a new breed...a #2.5!  :banana:
Rev-It-Up

1ownr

8) look forward to meeting you at Carlisle!

judy

cudajunction

@Cuda Cody - How about a E bodies.org "I'm the 2%" shirt?  Or 2% club with your logo?  :yes:

Cuda Cody

I like it!      :twothumbsup:   But the number of users that can wear that shirt is pretty small.  I can think of 3 or maybe 4 people that fit that category.  We normally have to do runs of 48+ to get a good price.  :(

Quote from: cudajunction on May 10, 2017, 05:46:49 PM
@Cuda Cody - How about a E bodies.org "I'm the 2%" shirt?  Or 2% club with your logo?  :yes: