Main Menu

1970 Bumper Jack Original Colors?

Started by 7E-Bodies, April 07, 2021, 06:36:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Dumb question here as I prepare to take a few items that are typically semi gloss black to my powder coat guy. I thought I'd toss him the bumper jack that appears to be semi gloss black on the stand pad, jacking mechanism, and lug wrench. The mast portion appears to be a matte silver of some sort (he's great at matching colors and gloss tones). What got me confused is when another member posted a for sale listing of a purple RT/SE that was listed as highly original, it had a gray jacking mechanism on the mast. Does anyone have the facts on these?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

I'm thinking black is the answer because my stand pad still has the factory sticker on it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Jay Bee

On my '70 Barracuda, the base and jacking mechanism were originally black, hook was gray, mast is like yours  :alan2cents: 

Floyd

Most of the 70 t-style mast jacks I've seen had a grey mechanism, hook, and base.

headejm

Do a search on here. There are several discussions on jack color. Lots of pictures. My 1970 is gray.

70 Top Banana

Agree, mine is original. Black semi gloss or matte finish on the jack, stand and lig wrench. Center section is sliver.