Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Ad

Started by 71GranCoupe, February 28, 2017, 12:04:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Cuda Cody

Sweet Video!!!   :twothumbsup:  Has @anlauto  seen that sunroof Challenger in that commercial?   :inlove:

6bblgt

Brads70

Funny , first thing that struck me in that ad was the sound of the door closing. That is such a distinctive E-Body sound isn't it?  :D

anlauto

That's cool....My customer just bought a fourth sunroof Challenger and it happens to be FJ5. His has black interior though....I'll see that car later this year or early 2018.

I know he reads on here, but not sure if he's signed up. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: Brads70 on February 28, 2017, 01:52:58 AM
Funny , first thing that struck me in that ad was the sound of the door closing. That is such a distinctive E-Body sound isn't it?  :D

Yes it is, much like an original starter cranking. 

RUNCHARGER

I noticed the door closing as well. I really like the original Chrysler starter sound, it's distinctive.
Sheldon

61K T/A

sdweatherman

Some screen shots of the sunroof Challenger in the ad. With help from some E-body guys, our best guess is that it is an A66 car.

sdweatherman

What's interesting is that not too long after the commercial showed up on the E body forums, this car showed up on Facebook. Posted in the James Sciarrino - Vintage 1970-4 Barracuda and Challenger page. This car looks like a dead nuts match to the commercial car - with the exception of the black interior - an easy change for someone that did not like a white interior. Did anyone notice the black A-pillar in the commercial car...........

anlauto

The one my customer just bought is FJ5 as well. :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

I had not noticed, until you pointed it out.  Good eye!  :takealook:

Quote from: sdweatherman on March 29, 2017, 01:48:51 PM
Did anyone notice the black A-pillar in the commercial car...........

bpsmopar

Hey Alan, my FJ5 Challenger is very close. California car, god awful mouldings, same colour combination. Mine has dual painted mirrors.

anlauto

Hey @bpsmopar welcome to this site......I guess now I have to watch what I say.... :-X :rofl:

bpsmopar

I've been following you here for weeks! :popcorn: