Started by blown motor, January 15, 2021, 06:04:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Timmy2Tires

Man that brings back memories. When I was young my brother had that exact car. Same color, 6-pack.

headejm

Great song, great car, great commercial! Thanks for sharing.

Question: What car would you not want to drive on snow-packed roads?  :stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: That's why Dad owned Sea Bodies with their long rear overhang. E bodies were about the worst in snow actually and the B-bodies were pretty good. Big engine over the front wheels, no weight on the rear from no overhang didn't make for a good snow car.
Sheldon

gaddied

Hey, I had a 1970 Rupp  snowmobile just like the ones in this ad. I was 15 years old and man I froze on that Rupp. Back then there was no heaters. But had a ball of fun!

anlauto

Quote from: gaddied on January 15, 2021, 02:24:58 PM
Hey, I had a 1970 Rupp  snowmobile just like the ones in this ad. I was 15 years old and man I froze on that Rupp. Back then there was no heaters. But had a ball of fun!

That's funny, my brother had one of those as well...you'd hit a good bump and the side covers would fall open and usually hit a tree and the same time  :headbang: :headbang:...okay, that only happened once, and of course while I was riding it...man he was pissed...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudamadd

What a great car and commercial and just the best song . They just don't do things like that any more . Real driving in  real conditions.Thank you for sharing cheers  :australia:

captcolour

Is that a Ford station wagon it passes?

JS29

Quote from: captcolour on January 16, 2021, 07:32:11 AM
Yes, A country squire I believe.  :alan2cents:

HP2

I'm gonna have to call this an edit. Time of the Season came out in '68. It wouldn't be a new song that coincided with a late '69 release of the '70 models. Car commercials of the era tended to have voice overs extolling the virtues of features as shown by the video. While the video seems to point some of these out, the music prevents an explanation of them.

Still neat to watch.

jimynick

Quote from: JS29 on January 16, 2021, 08:15:59 AM
Quote from: captcolour on January 16, 2021, 07:32:11 AM
Yes, A country squire I believe.  :alan2cents:
Not to be too pedantic, but the Country Squires were the wood grained versions, hence the "Country" . Good eye, though.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

js27

Brads70

This one popped up after I watched the first one.  8)