Main Menu

1979 360 from a truck

Started by Nel, October 21, 2019, 04:06:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nel

Hi, I have found a 1979 360 from a truck that is running good. It was on a automatic transmission and has a 2 barrels carb.  The guy want 450$ I don't have any use for it but wondering if it worth buying it. Is there anything special about those engines?

Chryco Psycho

Nothing special for sure , actually close to the low point , if you were going to rebuild it anyway , you should be able to find a core for free or $100 max , I would stroke it to 408 ci , the later 87-92 swirl heads will kick ass on the 79 heads

Fishzhil

There is nothing special about it, especially taking into account the fact that he wants 450 bucks for it. Trust me, you could actually find something way better than that. Just like Chryco Psycho said, it is really close to the low point, and that is a sure thing. In case it would have been any better, we could have still use it on newer cars, and we would have been really interested in restoring them. However, none of us is really interested in restoring an old truck with a 360. We have never actually used one on any of our trucks (i have a trucking company). So it is really low end. Dude, I am actually so tired of all the administrative work, I guess I will actually have to call for the services of the best factoring company for truckers and see if they can actually help me.