Main Menu

25 year rule for importing cars to USA, what would you bring in?

Started by Cuda Cody, December 14, 2019, 09:41:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Cars that are not originally available in the US can be imported after 25 years.  Hagerty just came out with their top 7 cars that can be imported to the US this year.  Nothing on this list got me excited.  Do you guys see anything you would be want to own?

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/12/11/sweet-cars-you-can-import-in-2020-under-the-25-year-rule?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=19_December_14_Weekend_News

What was manufactured between 1995 and 2005 that might be worth importing in the next decade?

RUNCHARGER

Nope: The fascination with imported cars that are less exciting than North American cars baffles me a bit. To each their own of course.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Me personally, I  don't think anything comes remotely close to tickling my fancy, but I look at it from another point of view.....there's a younger generation of car guys that are heavy into the tuner scene and maybe these cars are right up their alley....anytime you can get people interested in old cars, it's good for the hobby... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

IRON MAN

I have always had a soft spot for Jaguars. Owned a 1964 XKE 2-seat coupe. The 1993 Jaguar XJ220S would be awesome. It was given the title as the "Fastest car on Earth" in 1993, and was also banned from entering the United States....although one did make it in.

Cuda Cody

WOW! that is beautiful.   :inlove:  I would drive that!

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 14, 2019, 08:30:40 PM
I have always had a soft spot for Jaguars. Owned a 1964 XKE 2-seat coupe. The 1993 Jaguar XJ220S would be awesome. It was given the title as the "Fastest car on Earth" in 1993, and was also banned from entering the United States....although one did make it in.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 14, 2019, 10:07:28 PM
WOW! that is beautiful.   :inlove:  I would drive that!

If I could afford it I would also  :wowzers:

Brads70

That is a cool car. I liked it so well I have a diecast of it.Closest I'd come to owning one !  Any idea why it was banned?

750-h2

cuda hunter

that Jag is HOT !! 

here's one that is pretty cool that I would be glad to drive.

A Weisman GT MF5
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

gzig5

Most of the cars on that list are  :barf:.  There are a couple of nice Alpha Romeo's that I wouldn't mind driving on a mountain road that I remember seeing when I lived in Switzerland in the early 90's.  Most of the German stuff really doesn't do anything for me, most French cars are boring or ugly, and besides a Jag or two the British can keep theirs on the island.

Swamp Donkey

Not a car, but I always thought the Toyota diesel Hilux trucks were cool.  Yup.  I would import one of those.   Not as enticing now that North America actually allows smalls diesel trucks. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

aussiemark

https://forza.fandom.com/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four_ST205?file=FM6_Toyota_Celica_GT.jpg
Australia just changed the import law from pre 1989 to 25 year old, I am getting one of these. They are great value for money and are a lot rarer then their competition. Supra and Skyline GT/R are getting too expensive they were cheaper 15 years ago but now days I would rather get another Mopar if I was going to spend that sort of money. I will use it as a daily driver these things handle wet roads as if it was dry.

Chryco Psycho

1/6 trucks here are Hilux , underpowered non turbo diesel , smoke like crazy I don't see the attraction , far better truck out there

aussiemark

The turbo ones aren't much better, I think the Dodge Ram rules the pickup trucks.