Main Menu

'72 Wagon

Started by Strawdawg, January 27, 2018, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Strawdawg

My son has been keeping his eye out for '65 Belvedere like the one I bought new back in '65.  They are not many left, and hardly any that have not been restored.  Then he decided he liked the '67/'68's even more, but they are not common either..not in fixable condition for a reasonable price anyway.

He stumbled across a '72 wagon on Craig's list and he also has a yen for wagons, but, he wanted the earlier square model...this one is one of the fuselage models that they begin about '69 as I recall.  Too curvy for his tastes but, he left here on New Year's and detoured a bit to go look at it on his way back to Houston.

He fell in love with it and bought it for $3500. The bottom of the car is solid and the only real rust is a spot on the lower fender just behind the drivers tire.

The dash has a few cracks in it and the seat needs some serious repair.

The car belonged to a professor at Washington State U who bought it new.  It was bought by a Mopar guy here in Texas who was going to mod it out, but, he decided it was too nice and did very little to it other than fix the brakes.  He did not title it.  Officially, that makes my son the second owner, I guess :D

Tires are dry rotted but my son says it drives and runs very well altho he has not driven it at high speed due to the tires.  He is putting some mopar police wheels on it.

All my friends that have seen it think it is really neat.  It's a few inches shorter than his ram crew cab pick up...this is it.

https://barnfinds.com/outerspacious-1972-plymouth-satellite-wagon/

I have the 440 out of my Challenger and a TF 727 which improve the 318 that's in it.
Steve

Strawdawg

From the color, you can definitely tell it's from the '70s LOL
Steve

Roadman

That is a NICE FIND.   :perfect10:    I love wagons.   :D

RUNCHARGER

That's a clean looking wagon. There seems to be a growing following in those wagons and the four door cars of the same series.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

That wagon reminds me of the Brady Bunch! :)
I've never had a wagon but in recent years I have thought it would be cool to have one.
My favorites so far are the early to mid 60s ones that don't have a pillar between the front and rear seats, like an 880 and I think some early 60s Town and Countries.  That will be my first choice if I ever am in the market, but a late 60s early 70s B or C body wagon will be my second choice!

https://barnfinds.com/category/wagons/

From facing backwards in the 3rd row seat from Pittsburgh to South Fla, to learning to drive in a 71 Matador wagon, to crashing headon taking out a telephone pole and transformer , always have liked the wagons.

Enjoy that new ride , looks good!

Strawdawg

Steve

Chryco Psycho