Main Menu

And They Wonder Why I Hate California

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, November 22, 2019, 08:16:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 15, 2019, 12:46:04 PM
Quote from: Scooter on December 15, 2019, 10:27:15 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 15, 2019, 09:59:49 AM
And yet you support legalized pot... Very much a blue thing... Next thing you'll be supporting red flag laws.. :pokeeye: :Stirring:
Go to SF you can poo & pee in the street...
Openly use drugs... shoot up in public...

I went to San Francisco this summer for the Metallica S&M show.  (awesome show).  My wife and I had a great time in San Fran.  There were bums, but they were really localized in the tenderloin area of San Fran.
We didn't see any open drug use.  But of course we stayed off the few streets that are known to have those problems.  We had to drive through them to get to our hotel so we got the gist of it.  We really did see family folks walking through lines of bums on those streets and the bums didn't seem to be bothering any of the families or business types. 
  All in all, I would say San Francisco is not as bad as I have heard about it for a long time. 

I wouldn't live there, but a great place to visit.  (with money)

We sent to San Jose, saw one small bum living quarters right off the interstate.  none to speak of other than that.   

I'm from the SF Bay Area, lived here nearly my entire life. Remember doing the Chinese New Year parade as a kid in the late 60's and early 70's. Went to Alcatraz with my wife and kids earlier this summer on a uncommon warm day. First time I'd actually stopped in SF in 15 years probably and I'm located just down the Peninsula. Entire city smelled like a port-o-let. It was bad. Saw much more of what you missed. Did not bother going to Fisherman's Warf after we got off the boat, back in the car and outta there. Such a shame for a once beautiful city.

IRON MAN

My wife and I were frequent visitors of SF. We sailed the SF Bay in our 16 foot sailboat for many years. Places/events we enjoyed: Kezar Stadium where we saw Led Zepplin, Candlestick Park where we saw THE Rolling Stones, Golden Gate Park, Atrium Theater we saw Leonard Nimoy in the play "Vincent" as in Van Gogh, Chinese New Year Festivals, Museums and Palace of the Legion of Honor, Laserium,  Flyshacker ZOO, Fisherman's Wharf, Cow Palace for: car shows, circus, rodeo, etc, Moscone Center for lots of events. Last time I went to SF was summer of 2000, because my daughter wanted to go shopping in  Haight Ashbury. What a filthy disgusting neighborhood. The BART Station is only two miles from my house and only ride it to the SF International Airport.
Also, you have got to be suicidal to ride a motorcycle in SF.  The traffic is a nightmare. Make sure to get a tetanus and hepatitis shot before visiting.

YellowThumper

Where I stand mostly against pot and all its "magical" cure all potions.
I do agree with your response. Spot on assessment that I agree with as "blue" being a hate group.
Most of what's preached is that the Red (conservative) has to change their beliefs to understand how blue (Liberal) is the correct way.
Zero comprehension that this one sided belief is exactly the same as what they are denouncing.

Mike.

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 15, 2019, 11:08:06 AM

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 15, 2019, 09:59:49 AM
And yet you support legalized pot... Very much a blue thing... Next thing you'll be supporting red flag laws.. :pokeeye: :Stirring:
weed doesn't cause damage to people like alcohol. 
weed doesn't cause damage to people like cigarettes.
weed doesn't cause damage like a list of thousands of drugs you can go get from a doctor.

Weed does help children with major seizure issues. with little to no known side effects.
I grew medically and got to see first hand how it helps children. 
I can see the benefits of marijuana.  They far outweigh the detriments. 
I see first hand how our legalizing weed has stopped an influx of marijuana from Mexico. 
Now it's in our hands and not those who wish us harm.  The use of herbicides and pesticides is harmful. 

I'm not a  blue or red.  I'm somewhere in the middle known as a constitutionalist.

Weed has indeed been made a blue thing and hated by the red guys. 

However, the blues have indeed become an American Hate group.
I care for my brothers and sisters and do not subscribe to the hate that is being preached. 

:pokeeye: As an American I reserve the right to poke back.   :pokeeye:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

kawahonda

Pot is not a blue or red thing.

It's a red, white, and blue thing.

The best reply for anyone that is daring to be anti pot in this era, is an "OK boomer" response.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

7212Mopar

I think they stop letting cars onto Market street. Most of downtown streets were restriped with bike lanes, single lane from two lanes traffic. The traffic signs and signal lights are very confusing now. I try to avoid SF as much as I can.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket