Main Menu

Andy's 'cuda

Started by dodj, April 30, 2018, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dmz73

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 06, 2018, 05:40:02 AM
Great work!  Congrats, I'm sure Andy is smiling too!   :banana:

When we started it at 11:00 pm, I'm sure he heard it... [emoji28][emoji23][emoji23] maybe even as far as Ohio... [emoji23]🤣🤣

Thanks again!
Can't wait to see this on the road!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUNCHARGER

Way to go guys, the thrash was worth it.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

So exciting!!!!   :banana:   :veryexcited:  Way to go guys!!!!   :bravo:   :andyangel:

72 Challenger

to the people who managed to get this done  :worship: that's outstanding.

This is a magazine moment if I have ever seen one.

Is this car going to Carlisle this year? I am going to be extremely disappointed I missed it.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Challenger in NC

MEK-Dangerous

You guys are the best!

It's phenomenal what you been able to do in such a short time period.     :worship:

I'm sure Andy is happy.

Dakota

:1place: :clapping:  :handshake: :D :twothumbsup: :bigthumb: :clapping: :worship: :woohoo: :cooldance: :veryexcited: :waving: :thankyou: :bradsthumb: :drinkingbud: :cheers: :slapme5:  :perfect10: :andyangel:

Great job guys!

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

blown motor

We got it through a 20 minute break in this morning. My ears are still ringing!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dmz73

Quote from: blown motor on July 06, 2018, 10:51:27 AM
We got it through a 20 minute break in this morning. My ears are still ringing!

Awesome!!
You guys rock!
I need to hear it idling!

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: Either they are thrashing to tidy things up or they got into the pops to celebrate....
Sheldon

Spikedog08

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 06, 2018, 07:01:11 PM
Hmm: Either they are thrashing to tidy things up or they got into the pops to celebrate....

Actually I think they are traveling back to Canada . . They only had so much time to complete this task . . And the car fought them the whole way . . I was there yesterday too check progress and drop off mufflers to donate to the cause.   Wish there was more time . . Hope it comes to Carlisle . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Ian and I are back home. Neil stayed for another day or two to tidy up a few details on the car. As Dan said, a big thank you to Dave at Roseville Moparts. I must also put in a big word of thanks to Parts Peddler in Chelsea, MI. Not only did they have a lot of stuff we needed and thought would be hard to get but the guy we dealt with knew what we were talking about. That can be a rare find these days. If you are ever in that area and need something, go there.

I also want to make mention of Darren, a friend of theirs, that worked with us on Wednesday and chipped in some used parts to help with the project.

As has been said, the car fought us every step of the way. To hear it run for 20 minutes this morning was not only deffening but very rewarding. I only wish Cathy could have been there for that. Unfortunately she had to work today but the excitement she had last night in the couple minutes that it ran made the battle worth winning. I can't say that it's a perfectly restored car but it's a car that carries a story that will be tough to rival. It brought forth the good in a lot of people, not just those that worked on it but also those that worked to get us the parts we needed, donated parts, sent money and offered support in any other way.

And yes, the car is registered for Carlisle this year.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Well, Murray and I got home about 7pm today after the damndest 3 day flog I think I've ever been on. This car gave us a serious lesson in the "School of hard Knox" if you get my drift! Everything and I mean everything broke, was the wrong part, didn't exist, leaked, needed modification in a slog that took on biblical proportions, or at least it seemed that way when the standard call or reaction was "Jesus Christ, don't tell me THAT broke/was the wrong size/length/hadn't been bought, etc. etc."LOL   I made a non-exaggerated 11 or 12 trips to Parts Peddlers in good old Chelsea for parts on Thursday alone and several more to Carquest/Auto Zone. The new water pump piddled, the new master cylinder was seized, the fan was 3/16th" from the now changed upper rad hose on the now changed thermostat housing on the new me-made gasket... and so on. Lucky for us, we had Neil there to be the impresario and we were fairly well able to follow his lead! As noted, the peak was when, at 11pm, we lit the recalcitrant old bitch and she sprang to life with a bellow that would've warmed your hearts. Imagine our chagrin, when 5 minutes into it, the carb and fuel line were pissing fuel onto the manifold right beside the ignition coil while the aforementioned water pump peed onto the floor?!  Back in the morning and back to Parts Peddlers for the overnighted master only to be told it was back ordered and, after the Lord's name had been mentioned, we were reprieved to find another supplier had sent theirs, but sadly, the water pump was truly not coming and the lug nuts were neither, so off to my pals at Carquest and thank God, they actually had a new WP AND lug nuts in stock? Hallelujah! I can't believe none of the brake lines I made and fitted didn't leak and after tightening up the front brake flex line connection, we were actually able to bleed the brakes. Dan Z did a hell of a job finalizing the emergency brakes after I gave up in disgust and they actually function now! Neil now fully fueled with root beer (we stuck to the real stuff) got the old girl, kicking and screaming, to fire again and we ran her for the 20 minutes while watching her generate enough heat to melt Dan's cute funnel with the pink hose as well as 2 or 3 plug wires and #7 header pipe was a lovely shade of pink/red. We had to put the hose in on the rad and were rewarded with a lovely mist bath for 20 minutes as we watched the slow fuel leaks seemingly stop- thank Christ! Neil was persuaded to stay by Doug and that was a very smart move on Doogie's part, as Neil'll have most of the remaining woes fixed before he's done. A shout out to my fellows-in-thrashing and my brothers-in-bashing the devils, out of what appears to be a really nice- and so far really loud, Cuda, for Cathy and family and finally, for Andy. Sorry we waked you Thursday night Andy, but I think you got a kick out of seeing it finally come to life, mate.  :drinkingbud:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Dmz73

Quote from: blown motor on July 06, 2018, 07:15:24 PM
Ian and I are back home. Neil stayed for another day or two to tidy up a few details on the car. As Dan said, a big thank you to Dave at Roseville Moparts. I must also put in a big word of thanks to Parts Peddler in Chelsea, MI. Not only did they have a lot of stuff we needed and thought would be hard to get but the guy we dealt with knew what we were talking about. That can be a rare find these days. If you are ever in that area and need something, go there.

I also want to make mention of Darren, a friend of theirs, that worked with us on Wednesday and chipped in some used parts to help with the project.

As has been said, the car fought us every step of the way. To hear it run for 20 minutes this morning was not only deffening but very rewarding. I only wish Cathy could have been there for that. Unfortunately she had to work today but the excitement she had last night in the couple minutes that it ran made the battle worth winning. I can't say that it's a perfectly restored car but it's a car that carries a story that will be tough to rival. It brought forth the good in a lot of people, not just those that worked on it but also those that worked to get us the parts we needed, donated parts, sent money and offered support in any other way.

And yes, the car is registered for Carlisle this year.

Amen brother!
So well put.

There were more people behind the scenes making this possible. I thank my lucky stars that I know so many fantastic people in the hobby.
I'm not much of a mechanical guy, but I can figure enough out on my own given the time and wherewithal.
I'm more of a put it together guy- I took the stance of- "every part needs to get from that table, on to that car"... while I couldn't do what Murray, Ian and Neil did, I did what I knew how to do.
Each one of us knew what they were good at and just got on it.
It was a friendly loving slog that we just had to do.
Yeah, as Ian mentioned,  He had some frustrations with the E brake, and I stepped in the save him from a few moments of cursing. I couldn't have done what he did to set the E brake up as quick as he did, but could pick up where he left off.
We each built off each other, and while we didn't have much time to chat, we enjoyed each other's company and brought a car, a dream, and a last wish to life.
Neil was awesome, and a godsend. He was teaching along the way. I learned a lot by watching. He just had an e body book of knowledge that you could tap on at the onset of a question. You couldn't pay to get this kind of instruction or mechanical assistance on a regular basis. Neil was key.
As Mentioned, Darren had spent a lot of time over those few years getting that engine together, and made sure it was right on the setup. I think that went pretty flawlessly. That guy was really amazing.
I did spend time engaging Doug, Megan, and Cathy, walking them through what needed to be done, and how to do it. Megan and Doug and I spent a lot of time wrenching together.
I believe they had fun, got dirty and sweaty, and felt important to the build, and learned a thing or two in the process.

Andy was my friend, and he was a damn good one. He was always there to help me when I needed someone.
I'm really glad to see that he was just as important to other people.
Thanks to our friends at E-Bodies.org, and Cuda-Challenger.com. To everyone who contributed- you continue to make this hobby awesome. There is good in this world.
Bless you all.

Regards,
Dan Zimmermann