Main Menu

Any computer nerds here ?

Started by js27, February 04, 2021, 07:43:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 12, 2021, 08:18:30 PM
hard to start a thread when it takes an average of 15 mins for each post
I have 3 Optiplex desktops , a 780 & 2 380s , I used the 780 for 4+ years , in may it quit booting up & would beep 6 times meaning bad ram or video card , swapped out the ram & 2 different mother boards , it was running Win 7 , never got past the beeping
So bought the 2 380s working but without hard drives running 3.2 g processors  , formatted 2 hard drives & set it up with Linux Umbutu , it worked great 15 times when I turned it on , 16 time will not boot up , set up other hard drive just will not run , went to the second 380 used about 6 different hard drives some from the 780 & the first 380 as well as a new hard drive , it will not boot up .
Don't even get me started on the 10 laptops that have died since May  :Thud:
I have also had my tuner , my Dvd player , my phone & the computers in 2 vehicles die in the last 10 months

Sounds like you and electronics don't get along.. I bought a brand new HP laptop 3 years ago and got it home and it refused to hook up to the internet. I figured I just got a bod one so brought it back to Best But and they replaced it with a new one same model. Brought it home and guess what it would not connect to the internet. I brought that one back and the GEEK Squad said it was me I was doing something wrong so they un boxed it and tried to connect to there internet and they couldn't get it working either. They offered me a third HP and I said NO THANKS and bought a Lenovo and it has worked perfect these last 3 years. My wife had a 2 HPS and they were nothing but Trouble and each only lasted a year and a half.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

Exactly , cursed with all computers

captcolour

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 13, 2021, 09:28:53 PM
Exactly , cursed with all computers
Hope your cars don't have electronic ignition  :haha:

Scooter

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 12, 2021, 08:18:30 PM
hard to start a thread when it takes an average of 15 mins for each post
I have 3 Optiplex desktops , a 780 & 2 380s , I used the 780 for 4+ years , in may it quit booting up & would beep 6 times meaning bad ram or video card , swapped out the ram & 2 different mother boards , it was running Win 7 , never got past the beeping
So bought the 2 380s working but without hard drives running 3.2 g processors  , formatted 2 hard drives & set it up with Linux Umbutu , it worked great 15 times when I turned it on , 16 time will not boot up , set up other hard drive just will not run , went to the second 380 used about 6 different hard drives some from the 780 & the first 380 as well as a new hard drive , it will not boot up .
Don't even get me started on the 10 laptops that have died since May  :Thud:
I have also had my tuner , my Dvd player , my phone & the computers in 2 vehicles die in the last 10 months

Sounds like you need to get a line cleaner for the power in your home first.