Main Menu

Any golfers here?

Started by Katfish, April 01, 2018, 06:17:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

Anyone use Yahoo Handicap Tracker?
Just found out they discontinued the service without notice.
I've lost 20 years of scores and probably >700 rounds and it really p*sses me off they didn't give notice so we could download our scores.

Cuda Cody

That's a huge bummer.  20 years of scores!!!  There has to be a way to get them back?  :pullinghair:

Chryco Psycho

Never played Golf , ever ....

Topcat

I'm left handed and nobody ever had left handed clubs for me to use.
Wasn't going to rent or buy them just to see if I liked doing it or not.

Fishing eats up my fun budget now so there's no room for chasing a little white ball and sweating all day while walking all over the place.   ::)

Mickm

I play and have for most of my life. I live on the 15th fairway of a championship course and absolutely love it.
It does take a lot of time and money.....more than any old car project.

Cheers!
Mickm

RUNCHARGER

I play a few times a year and am way better than I should be for how often I play. I never felt the need to commit to playing more though.
Sheldon

Bullitt-

Been in and out of the game since the mid '80's   about to be back in soon as I can get good n retired..LOL

Drats to Yahoo... however if I recall correctly the best 10 of your last 20-scores are all that's used to calculate your handicap. 

Here's an Excel spreadsheet you can keep it yourself if you use Excel
https://www.spreadsheet-library.co.uk/templates-tools/sport/golf-handicap-calculator/
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Bullitt-

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 01, 2018, 06:19:37 PM
Never played Golf , ever ....

WHY am I NOT Surprised? .....    I've found there are 3-kinds of people in the world
1- Those that have never Golfed
2.  Those that have played Golf once.
3-    Golfers .......(think you could sub. Hot Rodder for Golf ...LoL )
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Katfish

Quote from: Bullitt- on April 02, 2018, 11:27:25 AM
Been in and out of the game since the mid '80's   about to be back in soon as I can get good n retired..LOL

Drats to Yahoo... however if I recall correctly the best 10 of your last 20-scores are all that's used to calculate your handicap. 

Here's an Excel spreadsheet you can keep it yourself if you use Excel
https://www.spreadsheet-library.co.uk/templates-tools/sport/golf-handicap-calculator/

Yeah, calculating the handicap with Excel is easy enough.
It's the 20 years of rounds I'd like to have a copy of, I had a few memorable rounds I wish I could look back on.

B5fourspeed

When I play I want to forget my score.

Topcat

Well I might be forced to learn real quick if I get this lucrative job offer that I just interviewing with today.  :fingerscrossed:

They want me to cater to potential clients. 

I can take them to miniature Golf courses to start.   :haha:

Katfish

Quote from: Topcat on April 04, 2018, 06:38:09 PM
Well I might be forced to learn real quick if I get this lucrative job offer that I just interviewing with today.  :fingerscrossed:

They want me to cater to potential clients. 

I can take them to miniature Golf courses to start.   :haha:

Golf is a great way to cultivate business, many deals are made on the course or as a result of the interaction.