Main Menu

Anybody know Drones

Started by Roadman, October 15, 2017, 03:50:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

I'm thinking about getting into drones as a hobby. When I look on  :ebay: it's pretty confusing for a newbie to figure out what to get.  :notsure:  Alot of things to consider, ie: flight time, cameras, video, etc. I would like to be able to see what it is seeing, but I don't have a smart phone or stuff. My budget is max $300.00. Thanks in advance.    :rebelflag"

blown motor

I don't know drones but something tells me that a $150 drone is not going to keep you satisfied for very long.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

jimynick

I read the descriptions and I'd say, go for it Mark. How do you beat it for less than $150? Move up if and when you need to.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

HP_Cuda

Coming from an RC hobby background, I can say the one you listed with a 3.7V 600mah lipo will not really give you long flight times. It may be a good place to start to learn and then move up. At that point you may want to build your own and avoid the high costs of buying one like the top 20 list. You can probably put something together for half that or near that.

Sounds like something you could tinker with going forward!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200