Main Menu

Anyone a Honda/mini bike fan?

Started by kawahonda, May 26, 2019, 09:10:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jordan

1971 Speedway Shrike  3hp  All original except for grips and cables  I have been told it is rare and I should keep it because it is all original.  Sounds like most of these ended up thrashed.  I use it to drive to my neighbors houses or to beat around the yard.  I make every one I know drive it.  I have photographed lots of people with a big smile on their face while riding this.
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Cuda Cody

@philze  is that a 1986 Christmas special Honda Z50 on your bench?

Cuda Cody

These things are a hoot to ride!

Guscuda

Very kool pics! Takes me way back to when I was a kid and my neighbor had a monkey and a Honda 3-wheeler, the kind with the boloon tires lol

Closnon50TA

I have a pair of CT 70's going to MCACN.

JS29

:welcome: @Closnon50TA  We have a new member section, We like  :takepicture: here! tell us about what you got.   :handshake:

cuda hunter

I just purchased 7 bikes and 5 frames with a ton of parts.
In the grouping of Can ams and ossa's was this little XL 75 1977 Honda.   Is this considered a mini bike ?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

What year is the Honda motor bike?

cuda hunter

BigSig 6 Barrel

Quote from: cuda hunter on November 15, 2019, 06:22:14 AM
In the grouping of Can ams and ossa's was this little XL 75 1977 Honda.   Is this considered a mini bike ?

That's a nice lot of old dirtbikes you picked up CudaHunter . . .  hope you have a plan for them ?? . . .  if not, you might turn into a bonafide hoarder like myself!  I've got a barn FULL of them!

My second minibike was a red Honda "Trail 50" just like those two blue ones Cody posted.
To answer your question:  In 1971, Yamaha release a "mini" version of their popular Enduro models.
Wasn't big enough to be called a motorcycle, but was obviously larger then the current crop of minibikes up to that point.
Shortly after this everybody got in the game of making these scaled down versions of the larger bikes . . . thus, was coined the phrase "mini cycle"

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

cuda hunter

Quote from: BigSig 6 Barrel on November 15, 2019, 12:14:12 PM

That's a nice lot of old dirtbikes you picked up CudaHunter . . .  hope you have a plan for them ?? . . .  if not, you might turn into a bonafide hoarder like myself!  I've got a barn FULL of them!

I'm going to sell them one way or the other.  I'm an XR guy.  Usually thousands of single track trail miles a year. 
I took these on trade for some work I was doing for a friend. 

cuda hunter

Quote from: BigSig 6 Barrel on November 15, 2019, 12:14:12 PM

My second minibike was a red Honda "Trail 50" just like those two blue ones Cody posted.
To answer your question:  In 1971, Yamaha release a "mini" version of their popular Enduro models.
Wasn't big enough to be called a motorcycle, but was obviously larger then the current crop of minibikes up to that point.
Shortly after this everybody got in the game of making these scaled down versions of the larger bikes . . . thus, was coined the phrase "mini cycle"

So then the 77 XL is not a mini.  It's just a small X series. 

cuda hunter

Since the thread is slow, I'll post a few pics of the bikes even though they are not mini bikes.  I'll erase em if not in the correct place.   

cuda hunter

bunch of can am frames.  mostly the 1980 250

whole lot of parts as well.  Some don't go to any frames like the little honda gas tank.   

Is the honda tank from a mini?