Main Menu

Anyone a Honda/mini bike fan?

Started by kawahonda, May 26, 2019, 09:10:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BigSig 6 Barrel

Quote from: cuda hunter on November 15, 2019, 03:49:09 PM
  Is the honda tank from a mini?

I think the tank is from a 1973 Honda SL70 model.

I'm somewhat interested in some of the bike . . .  where do you live . . . town/state??

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

cuda hunter

I don't want to hijack the thread.  pm me. 
My first bike was an  xr 50. early 80's.  not a mini either.

I've yet to run into a group of mini's anywhere I've kicked around.  They must have really been beat up and tossed out back then.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

philze

Good eye Cody, you nailed it,

1986 Honda z50rd chrome Christmas special the rarest z50 only 3000 made. I found it at a farm auction in northern Wi. It was in pieces and had to gather them all up in a pile before the auction stared. Bought that and 2 ct70's for $75 each!!

I was a Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha factory trained mechanic from 1976-1986. Until I grew up :crying: (as my wife puts it) and got a real job as a union bricklayer with a pension and insurance. I guess I never really grew up I still have my 1979 Honda xr500 I bought new in 79 when I worked in Montana. Looks good behind the cuda :yes: Had over 80 bikes at one time, now I am down to 18 but always looking

kawahonda

I finally got back to my restored 1970 CT70 last night w/ a 88cc big-bore kit and hot cam!

Working on the carb/jetting right now. Finally got it to idle normally. Need to adjust the clutch and to dial in the jetting a little more.

So far so good. I'll take some pics over the weekend of my babies. :)
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Bills Auto Works

If any of you guys ever get a chance, check out the Motorcycle Museum in Davenport Iowa. There was a bunch of those little Hondas' & every other brand you could possibly think of! There was 3 rooms full + an upstairs!  The 2nd picture is the bike I delivered there. Supposedly the winningest hill climb bike ever!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

kawahonda

I got it 90% adjusted and tuned. Needs some slight clutch adjustment and need to do a plug chop to verify needle setting.

This is a 88cc K0 CT70 w/ honda "fast road cam". Point of this specific build is to reuse as much original parts as possible. 88cc cylinder is an aftermarket part on bike as well as UK fast road reproduction cam. The factory shocks were replaced with aftermarket restorations. Other than that, all bones are original, even if they have some minor scrapes and nicks (fenders). Restored correctly with professional 2k paints as well as powder-coating where applicable. Correct trailwings, as well as the original wheels that I restored and metal worked.

With factory carb (jetted a rich) and factory air cleaner, it should pull an honest 45 MPH, which is insane and quite stupid for a bike this size. If one wanted to, you could put on an aftermarket mukini carb w/ pod filter and easily hit 55MPH. But that's just stupid to do. I think I have it right for what I want.

Maybe I'll do a race sometime with this and my 1974 factory CT70. That one is also a pleasure to drive.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66