Main Menu

Anyone else collect Diecast Mopars?

Started by Brads70, February 24, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Stumbled across this one locally yesterday on facebook marketplace. The date was 4/26 ....?It's 1/6 scale.  I had been hunting this one for a few months now, nice to find it within 10 minutes of my house, great deal and no shipping/taxes!

Mixup7071

The picture of the hemi engine reminds me of a small hot rod shop in Florence KY about 25 years ago, I walked in ,on display on there counter was a 1970 barracuda, 69 mustang and a 55 chevy they all had big engines coming through the hood , jack up big tires on them and on the back of cars there was a button, when press the.tires would spin they would make a reviving sound and smoke would come out the back, they were made really well these cars were probably 6 to 8 inches long 3 or 4 inches wide, if memory serves me correctly, I asked the man behind the counter if they were for sale he said no for show only, I didn't go there too often and about 2 years after that I went there and they were gone closed for good, I looked all over for one's like them never did find any, about 3years ago I found a toy car of a new challenger that you pressed the hood and it made sounds nothing like those ones I seen in that shop.

70Challenger440

Rich G.

I've had this hemi clock from Snap On for years. You turn the key and the engine spins and make noise too.😊

70Challenger440

Quote from: Brads70 on February 24, 2017, 11:22:07 AM
I'm embarrassed to say it's pretty close to an addiction. I have hundreds ( not just Mopars)in various scales.  :-[
Mostly 1/24 and 1/18  and a few 1/43 and 1/64 (Hotwheels) I have so many I can't display them as I've run out of room. I keep saying " I'm done, no more" Then something else comes up to tempt me.
Someday planning on a display in the rec room or shop/garage/mancave.
Just got these in this week.

Snake/Mongoose is not complete without the original diecasts. Somewhere in my basement in a watertight bin is this childhood set of mine. Thanks for making me have to now go find it. LOL

Rich G.

Snake and mongoose you say. 🤣

Brads70

Trying to turn my basement into a bit of a mancave. Got some of my diecasts out and displayed. Today I had to weld up a custom mount to move my tv up enough to accommodate the new Mr Norms dealership display

Brads70

Received this this week. I had been hunting it for awhile now....

Brads70

This one showed up in the mail today! Love to have a 1:1 scale someday....

blown motor

Love the Grand Spaulding showroom @Brads70  That is super cool. Is that still available somewhere?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on November 29, 2023, 01:30:20 PMLove the Grand Spaulding showroom @Brads70  That is super cool. Is that still available somewhere?

Yes but price is higher than what I paid ( preordered months ago)
https://www.118scalemusclecars.com/

blown motor

OH! And then you have to buy the cars to go in it. And really all the cars should be the same year. What scale are the cars that go in it? @Brads70
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on November 29, 2023, 04:26:22 PMOH! And then you have to buy the cars to go in it. And really all the cars should be the same year. What scale are the cars that go in it? @Brads70

1/18 scale.

Brads70

I had a go at replicating my own car in 1/18 diecast. I'm getting too old for this maybe as my eyes are not what they once were...
I found a guy in Europe that made my rims in 1/18 centers are 3d printed but the rims/hoops are actually turned aluminum. Brake rotors are photo etched. Brake calipers are also 3d printed, Brembo decals were tricky.  Started out with a solid green Sam Posey diecast and swapped out the interior with a damaged in transport black T/A that I am now trying to rebuild with parts from 3 other cars. Fun hobby to do in winter when working on your car is not as fun.
Now I'm waiting on the side stripe decals and the dodge logo for the spoiler to arrive.

Brads70

Stumbled across this one on a Canadian 1/18 diecast group on facebook. Good price and no tax. The Australians really have some cool cars we never see over here. I really like the 70's  Falcons known over here as Torino.
This one is a Charger.