Main Menu

Anyone else collect Diecast Mopars?

Started by Brads70, February 24, 2017, 11:22:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

I play with the full size Cuda's and look at the little ones. Don't plan on selling them ever. When I die hopefully someone else will enjoy them!

Brads70

A couple more showed up today.... I'm going to build a custom ACR Challenger out of the plain white Challenger. Found the decal kit on e-bay. I bought a cheap BMW diecast for the wheels, seats, and roll cage. Wheels are pretty close to the Hellcat style wheels

gumby

I bought a cheap $3.00  Challenger at the Dollar store about 4 years before I got my real one. It's my good luck charm.
Sublime green with billboards, about 6" long. Pretty accurate for 3 bux? lol.

JH27N0B

I've been a fan of model cars and trucks since I was little, and have lots!
At some point I have started to think I wish I could scale down some, as there are cars in almost every room of the house and of course in my garage!
I started buying Ertl 1:18 Mopars when they first started coming out around 25 years ago.  I realized that I couldn't buy them all after a while, so focused on just the cudas and Challengers.
That got to be too many, so scaled back to Challengers mostly.
In the meantime, I worked at an aftermarket brake company for 14 years, and for awhile we sponsored a bunch of race cars, so of course I started buying up Raybestos and NAPA race car die casts and hauler semis.  Most I displayed in my cubicle at work, but then when I got booted from that job I had a couple dozen models I no longer wanted. I sold some on eBay and at swap meets, but still have some stashed away gathering dust.
Now I work for a truck manufacturer so I've built up a small collection of International trucks, most of which are at work but not all!
As I mentioned, I really want to scale back, but it's hard to sell stuff these days since eBay went downhill. 
And I still can't resist still buying stuff once in a while, I ordered one of the new 1:18 77 Posey Challengers yesterday!  :stop:

js27

Funny you posted this. I started collecting Hot Wheels--Johnny Lightning--in the early 90's for a few years and have three large tupper ware tubs full. ALL MOPAR I may add. I thought about selling them  and pulled them out to take some photo's.  I also have some larger Die Cast and 3 Franklin Mint Cars.

Brads70

Finished this one up tonight. Man I'd love to own the real thing!  :drooling:
I used a BMW diecast car for parts, roll cage, seats and rims/tires. When I deleted the rear seat I found some thin felt at a craft store to make it look like carpet.  Wish I could figure out a way to lower it as it sits to high....

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Another one today..... Posey one is being shipped so they tell me!  :veryexcited: Cody might like this one?

Chryco Psycho

I believe the Posey Challenger is here , just did not make it to MBE today ?  :cooldance:

Brads70

That figures.....LOL  What do you think.... another 3-4 week "all the way up here in Canada"   :rofl:

JH27N0B

My Posey 77 Challenger showed up Thursday.  It's quite nice!
Only complaint I have is that it isn't in a display box like most die cast cars.  I guess I'll head over to Hobby Lobby and see if they still carry clear display boxes for 1:18 so I can display it without it getting dusty.
The box says 1 of 1254.  I wonder why they'd limit production to only 1254?

CudaMoparRay

Some really nice and detailed models out there making want to get some :)

Brads70

My Posey car arrived today! Wow Love this one! I've been wanting/waiting/requesting this one for over 10 years! I think this one is my all time favorite!  :veryexcited:

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Likley as close as I'll come to owning a Hellcat..... a bit disappointed with the colour, I was expecting sublime like the real car? Oh well still cool!