Main Menu

Anyone else drop Moparts?

Started by Katfish, August 16, 2019, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

I've given up on Moparts because the excessive ads make it impossible to use on cell.
It's a shame because there is a wealth of knowledge there.

Makes me appreciate this site all that much more.

cuda hunter

years ago.

I still look at the parts and cars for sale. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

I was there for more than 20 years. Lots of really good guys have come and gone over that time and the site has deteriorated significantly. I didn't post much over the last 5 or so years but a few weeks ago I went in, logged out and will never be back.
There's not much good info on there anymore and it just isn't worth wasting time on it.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yup....same here, gave it up years ago....too much nonsense for me  :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

I still use the classifieds over there, but don't read/post much else.  The new pop up ads just suck.

Back when it started it was a great place to go.  Made a lot of friends from there and was heavily involved with it in the 90s and early 2000s.  Most of the people I know don't post there anymore. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

1 Wild R/T

Place is like a ghost town compared to the 2000-2010 timeframe....   Haven't posted there since May of 2013...

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Before I logged out for the final time, I changed my email in my profile and changed my password to something I wouldn't remember. That way I can't even log on if I am ever tempted, Divorce is a ^%*#), but when it's over it's over.
Sheldon

anlauto

I remember when I first found that web site every big name I admired, or had only read about in magazines was on there contributing some really great info...Back in the day, it was the place to be....that really came to an abrupt end unfortunately. now I find I can't even read stuff on there it's so messed up.

I used to continue to visit there for the ads...but stopped that too.

Here's a comparison  :haha: :haha:

Moparts.com = The Mopar Nationals
E-Bodies.org = Chryslers at Carlisle

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ric

Quote from: anlauto on August 16, 2019, 07:12:16 PM
I remember when I first found that web site every big name I admired, or had only read about in magazines was on there contributing some really great info...Back in the day, it was the place to be....that really came to an abrupt end unfortunately. now I find I can't even read stuff on there it's so messed up.

I used to continue to visit there for the ads...but stopped that too.

Here's a comparison  :haha: :haha:

Moparts.com = The Mopar Nationals
E-Bodies.org = Chryslers at Carlisle

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
you know ,I frequent both sites in my free time, which is not a lot, I don't actually care for Tom, but Its not personal, I like both  sites, a wealth of knowledge at both sites, but  Alan, its personal  to you , and you can't  get over it....

JH27N0B

I'm on both sites and still see valuable information in Moparts.  But I agree it's a far cry from what it was like 10 years ago. The recent popup Google ad issue was a headache, but at least on PCs was just a matter of clicking on the popup and clicking "unsubscribe".  I understand people with smartphones were having issues with the popups that I'm not sure they were able to resolve.  But I'm not tethered to one of those things so didn't have that problem.  :stop:

larry4406

I still go there via my desktop which blocks the ads.  Surfing from i-phone is bad with the ads.

GoodysGotaCuda

I still lurk around there but I have never used Moparts on my phone. It's been too clunky to do so forever.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Spikedog08

I'm a member there and probably make 2 or 3 posts . . . . then . . .

Haven't been on that site for probably 10 years . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

torredcuda

Go there maybe once every couple months for events or sometimes swap meet section looking for parts but not much else.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/