Main Menu

Anyone had this Coronavirus?

Started by 7E-Bodies, May 03, 2020, 11:46:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

General question since we're a fairly well spread out group. I'm wondering if anyone on the forum (or immediate family) has had this. If so, how bad was/is it and were there complicating circumstances?

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Chryco Psycho

No !
Not 1 single person I can find worldwide either on a first hand basis , the closest I have is someone3rd hand  that knows a Doctor in ER that contracted it , 1 person here said 2 family members had it .

Mopar5

I thought about that as well if it was so prevalent surely you would know someone who has encountered it. But I don't think that logic works nor does comparing it to the flu. Its a good sign that most people don't know anyone that has had it. But if you are unfortunate to get it ,it can be a much more serious issue than the flu.It has killed a lot of people in a really short time.

GoodysGotaCuda

No, but I have three coworkers who have lost a parent due to it. That's as close as I care to get.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JS29

Cuda Cody

It will be interesting to see how the antibody testing turns out.

Saw that New York testing about 10,000 random people and the results seem to be around 12% to 14% of the people of NY already have had it and recovered.  I think CA is getting about the same results with their tests.

Cudamike

I know two coworkers and one friend. My friend had it bad lasted 2 weeks. He is a Mopar guy. He has a 650hp Roadrunner

anlauto

USA is now one in every 5000 or so people has died, so if we don't know anyone who's died, I guess we need to go out and meet more people.... :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

I'm in SoCal and don't know of anyone close or otherwise who have contracted the disease. Neither close relatives( and I have plenty of them here) nor friends have made it known to us. Have read the stats in the daily paper and it seems all around me but personally nothing. My wife and I have been on official lockdown and have been sheltering in the past 4 mos. We are both in the high risk group, my wife is 66 and I am 72 and have had 2 heart attacks and I am type 2 diabetic. Hopefully we will ride this out without any glitches. We have made a Costco run and 1 Walmart run fully protected and only during senior citizen hours. I do hope for the very best for my forum brethren and their friends and family members. Thanks,   Al

70 Challenger Lover

Some of these stats are questionable. I know if one person in my county who had a history of depression but actually tested positive for COVID. He killed himself and wrote a note citing the illness as part of his reason for not wanting to live anymore. He was listed in my county as a COVID related death. We have only had 11 but he's officially one of them. He was young and healthy. COVID didn't kill him and he would likely have recovered, he killed himself yet he is part of the statistics used to justify these safeguards.

The other 10, according to county health officials, were elderly and had more than one chronic disease already which made their situation deadly. In other words, they were people who had months to live, maybe a year or two but definitely not people who had 10 plus years of good health in front of them. Before you say I'm sounding heartless, ask yourself if you want to live an extra two months if it meant the whole world had to suffer through another Great Depression on your behalf.

Here's another interesting fact you don't generally hear about. In my job, I get to talk with lots of health professionals, many who work at the local hospitals. They normally keep track of statistics regarding volumes of patients who would typically come in for chest pains or other emergency matters. Those numbers are down dramatically. It's not that people stopped having heart attacks and strokes, they are just staying at home and dying.

I get a daily "red book" from our patrol watch commanders and it lists things cops respond to like deaths, natural or otherwise. For years, our county had a death or two every day and it would be attributed to natural causes. The type of thing where family said he/she wasn't feeling well and died in their sleep. In the past two months, I see 4 plus every single day now and none of them are COVID. These are people who normally would have gone to the emergency room but are choosing to stay home and sadly, many don't ever wake up.

There are lots of unintended consequences of hard core shelter in place orders that go beyond the obvious financial devastation that we are seeing. In my opinion, the solution we are using to fight COVID is causing more harm, suffering, and loss of life that the disease would have caused if left unchecked. Fear is a powerful thing. I could be wrong but I think some balance is in order here.

7E-Bodies

7E-Bodies

I wish I could get the antibodies test. I'd bet large sums I've had it, but the timeline staunchly opposes my assumption. Something hit me in late November that lasted until late January. A cough that had me begging for mercy that medial "professionals" refused to treat due to opioid abusers. I coughed unbearably for 8 weeks. I never checked my temp and wish I had. Never had a "chest cold" take me down so bad.

dodj

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 03, 2020, 02:12:57 PM
I wish I could get the antibodies test. I'd bet large sums I've had it, but the timeline staunchly opposes my assumption. Something hit me in late November that lasted until late January. A cough that had me begging for mercy that medial "professionals" refused to treat due to opioid abusers. I coughed unbearably for 8 weeks. I never checked my temp and wish I had. Never had a "chest cold" take me down so bad.
A friend of mine reported the same thing. Said he felt like he was run over by a truck. This was after attending an NHL game in Feb. Figures he might have had it, but, who knows without the test.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Fern

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 03, 2020, 02:12:57 PM

I had the same thing a few years back in oct/nov. I believe it was a reaction to leaf mold. Happened a couple days after I ran over a lot of leaves with the lawnmower and bagged them. Lasted for weeks.

JH27N0B

6 people in my moms assisted living complex have passed away who had it.  A couple were in the hospital for other conditions and tested positive before they died, so maybe didn't actually die of it.
But the others got sick, were found to have it, and died almost certainly from it.
Another half dozen residents had it and recovered, and at least one or two staff.
The whole situation with nursing homes and retirement communities has been absurd.  After the first couple residents were hospitalized, the hospital wanted to send them back and the management pushed back successfully in most cases.  But in New York they were routinely sending patients back to nursing homes to potentially infect other residents and staff.
They started coming around each day to check each resident at moms place, temperature and how are you feeling?  But it wasn't until about a week ago they finally tested everyone there.
Shameful, when this is over and everything documented and studied, the way state and local governments dealt with nursing homes and retirement communities should result in criminal charges. Thousands of nursing residents have died from Covid 19 and many of these deaths probably could have been prevented if authorities weren't such incompetent idiots. :alan2cents: