Main Menu

Anyone had this Coronavirus?

Started by 7E-Bodies, May 03, 2020, 11:46:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

Friends Mom was in the Nursing home for year and a half with COPD Emphysema having to be oxygen the entire time and taking all kinds of pills. She passed a month ago and death certificate says due to covid( i forget actual wording). Her death added to list of those that died.  No autopsy was done to prove it. Family is suing to get it changed.

dodj

Quote from: Racer57 on May 03, 2020, 02:49:53 PM
Family is suing to get it changed.
Why? Seems like a lot of effort for nothing? How does it help if they win and change the cause of death on the certificate?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Spikedog08

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 03, 2020, 02:12:57 PM
I wish I could get the antibodies test. I’d bet large sums I’ve had it, but the timeline staunchly opposes my assumption. Something hit me in late November that lasted until late January. A cough that had me begging for mercy that medial “professionals” refused to treat due to opioid abusers. I coughed unbearably for 8 weeks. I never checked my temp and wish I had. Never had a “chest cold” take me down so bad.

OMG that is exactly what I went through . . . Never in my life have I ever coughed so hard.  Brutal . . I got it the end of October . . Beginning of November.   Doctor said it was bronchitis . . Just now getting over the cough . . No fever, no sinus issues . . Just cough.  Wife never got it so have to assume something else . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

BIGSHCLUNK

My shop is in a current hot button zip code. And we have been taking precautions at the shop and when the wife goes food shopping. But I know nobody personally that has had this thing.

70 Challenger Lover

I know a few people at work who had the same thing going on in November/December or family of theirs. I am betting it's been around longer. Think about it. Everything we knew about it came from China, a country notorious for controlling information. If you look at their numbers, only a small number have had it compared to us yet their population is three times higher. I call BS on that. Considering their record on human rights, it's more likely their numbers are 10 times higher.

And now we are learning they deliberately held off telling the world while they secretly bought up masks and other PPE only to sell it to us now at massively inflated prices.

That country is definitely not our friend or all in any way.

worthywads

In 58 years I can honestly say I've never known anyone personally that died from the FLU, even though we know it's real common.

Not at all surprised I don't know anyone personally that has died from COVID-19 either.

Cudakiller70

Quote from: Spikedog08 on May 03, 2020, 03:47:53 PM
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 03, 2020, 02:12:57 PM
I wish I could get the antibodies test. I'd bet large sums I've had it, but the timeline staunchly opposes my assumption. Something hit me in late November that lasted until late January. A cough that had me begging for mercy that medial "professionals" refused to treat due to opioid abusers. I coughed unbearably for 8 weeks. I never checked my temp and wish I had. Never had a "chest cold" take me down so bad.

OMG that is exactly what I went through . . . Never in my life have I ever coughed so hard.  Brutal . . I got it the end of October . . Beginning of November.   Doctor said it was bronchitis . . Just now getting over the cough . . No fever, no sinus issues . . Just cough.  Wife never got it so have to assume something else . .
Saw a lot of this around here, similar time frame. A fair amount of people were really sick. We were supposed to go to a concert, but because of so many so sick, we decided not to go and just sold our tickets online.

My sister is a nurse practitioner currently working as an advice nurse. Before this all blew up she was being squeezed to limit time on phone per person, they were pretty busy then after this started she said the other day had only 6 calls her entire shift.

dodj

Quote from: worthywads on May 03, 2020, 05:10:49 PM
In 58 years I can honestly say I've never known anyone personally that died from the FLU, even though we know it's real common.

Not at all surprised I don't know anyone personally that has died from COVID-19 either.
:iagree:
Except for me it's 56 years...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

Now that I think of it, I don't recall ever knowing anyone in my 57 years who had lung cancer.  I wonder if that means the claims that smoking causes cancer was just a plot to destroy the tobacco industry?  :drunk:

cuda hunter

My little town of 5000 and county of 20K has had 67 cases and 15 deaths.
49 of those cases were from one retirement home.  Apparently two doctors, one from egypt and one from italy came there and spread the virus to the old folks.  Very unfortunate.

But I don't know anyone who has had it.  Not here or in Colorado Springs. 

However, I have a few friends who had some kind of respiratory infection of which the doctors couldn't explain or help. That's from 4 different counties in Colorado on opposite sides of the mountains and grass lands.  This was back in November and December.

I got a cruise ship crud from the shiprocked cruise I go on every year.  But that's expected as I've gotten the crud after every cruise for 7 years now.  So I just marked it up to yet another awesome cruise!  https://www.shiprocked.com/
I'm booked for next January, not worried about all this at all really.  I have a hard time buying into the whole lot of it.  I've been to 9 states since January. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 03, 2020, 01:56:41 PM

I get a daily "red book" from our patrol watch commanders and it lists things cops respond to like deaths, natural or otherwise. For years, our county had a death or two every day and it would be attributed to natural causes. The type of thing where family said he/she wasn't feeling well and died in their sleep. In the past two months, I see 4 plus every single day now and none of them are COVID. These are people who normally would have gone to the emergency room but are choosing to stay home and sadly, many don't ever wake up.

There are lots of unintended consequences of hard core shelter in place orders that go beyond the obvious financial devastation that we are seeing. In my opinion, the solution we are using to fight COVID is causing more harm, suffering, and loss of life that the disease would have caused if left unchecked. Fear is a powerful thing. I could be wrong but I think some balance is in order here.

That's a very interesting view point.  Thanks for sharing that. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ledphoot

A good friend of my mother-in-law was hospitalized with  Covid-19 for three weeks and died on Friday. He was in his early 60's and not in bad health otherwise.