Main Menu

Auto Transport

Started by Barraguy, July 09, 2019, 08:55:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Barraguy

Looking to get a car transported from Ca to Ga  I've had no luck with all the B/S brokers. Some cant find a truck at all, others want the seller to move the car 3 HOURS away SMH. It's not a Ebody and i'm fine with open transport.Does anyone know of any actual shipping companies that do cross country runs? I'm tired of dealing with brokers.
   Thanks!!!

303 Mopar

What is your timeline?  I'm having a car shipped from SC to CO next week and I could see if he has room going back.

Cuda Cody

@Bills Auto Works  does shipping and it would be in great hands with him.  Since he's a 1 car transporter it might be more money than finding a big open rig, but you would not find a better guy to ship with.

If it'a not a big deal if it's handled by a big company (which is not as nice as using someone like Bill, but might cost less), I've had good luck with Passport transport http://www.passporttransport.com/

Also, Avoid Truly Vintage (Jim Jarzabek). He shipped one of my cars and raised the price $1,000 after he got it and then when I didn't agree to pay he left the car in the middle of the country.

Barraguy

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 09, 2019, 09:10:04 AM
What is your timeline?  I'm having a car shipped from SC to CO next week and I could see if he has room going back.
That would work for me  its a running driving car thats ready to go as soon as i can find transport  its in 93901 Salinas CA
      Thanks!!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Barraguy on July 09, 2019, 10:49:12 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 09, 2019, 09:10:04 AM
That would work for me  its a running driving car thats ready to go as soon as i can find transport  its in 93901 Salinas CA
      Thanks!!

I sent you a PM

SunnyWes

Truthfully, dealing with such brokers is a very frustrating and exhausting process. An absence of an available truck happens very often. Especially, when you are talking about holidays, such as Christmas and New Year's Eve. You would better seek reliable structures, not the brokers. I faced such a problem recently as well. One day I found a source where they say how to avoid auto transport scams nowadays. I didn't know about this site before. But the quality of their services is outstanding! I highly recommend them, they are true professionals!

7E-Bodies

@SunnyWes I recently went online to Passport as @Cuda Cody mentioned above and was pleased to find out their website gives the price immediately. I also checked with Reliable, yet they email a quote later and they don't seem to be in a hurry, perhaps due to the Holidays.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Poolshark314

@SunnyWes The majority of these companies are brokers that contract to individual truckers or trucking companies. You give them the info, they bid your delivery out and come back with who they heard would take the job. My point being, your experience could vary a lot because even if you use the same company as someone else, you're not likely to get the same contracted driving company. I used https://www.shipacarinc.com and had a great experience getting my car from the pacific northwest to the east coast.

There are some companies like Reliable that own their own trucks, but like @7E-Bodies said, they aren't in a hurry if they don't have the jobs lined up
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Bills Auto Works

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on December 24, 2020, 10:13:21 AM
@SunnyWes I recently went online to Passport as @Cuda Cody mentioned above and was pleased to find out their website gives the price immediately. I also checked with Reliable, yet they email a quote later and they don't seem to be in a hurry, perhaps due to the Holidays.

Kevin,

Even though my business is closed till mid January, If you message me town names or zip codes I will be glad to give you cash on delivery price quotes for both open & enclosed single car personalized service, so you have something to compare to.

God bless & Merry Christmas
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

Swaplot

You should look for a nationwide company that offers door to door shipping, then you won't have to worry about the extra driving to drop it off or pick it up. I've used https://www.a1autotransport.com/ in the past without any problems and they operate pretty much all over the U.S. I believe. Last I used them they had some good discounts available too if saving a couple bucks is a priority.