Main Menu

Baseball is Back! Who's your team?

Started by Cuda Cody, March 27, 2019, 07:22:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

I put $10 on the Marlins at 150-1 also as a birthday gift for a brother that lives down that way.

Topcat

I'm gonna say Astros are gonna be a handful this season.   

RusTy/SE

I follow the Braves whenever they are on tv; the replays often begin at 5am so I get to catch nearly an hour b4 heading off to work. A good young team deep into the 'rebuilding process'. Good knowledgeable announcers as well led by Chip Caray, son of Skip, and grandson of Harry.

Lifelong Mets fan and follow them when I can as well.

Locally here in Montgomery, I've been a season ticketholder of the Montgomery Biscuits since their inaugural season in 2004 (no, I have no idea what they were thinking with that name either :notsure:). The Skits are the AA affiliate of the Tampa Rays.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Morty426

Quote from: Topcat on April 05, 2019, 08:58:34 PM
I'm gonna say Astros are gonna be a handful this season.

Absolutely - they may be the team to beat.  It's a long season however

303 Mopar

Rockies off to a rough start with a lot of guys on the DL (now called injury list for some reason).  I agree the Astros look good, but the Dodgers are pretty solid too.

floorit426

Giants are going for the four game sweep, over the Rockies, today!

Morty426

Quote from: floorit426 on April 14, 2019, 08:02:45 AM
Giants are going for the four game sweep, over the Rockies, today!

Would love that.

Went and my Giants in Spring Training this year. 

We need to send the coach out with a good season

B5fourspeed

Been a Giants fan my whole life.The last 2 and half years they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.The day after they traded Matt Duffy the Giants have had a losing record.

Morty426

Quote from: B5fourspeed on April 14, 2019, 09:40:30 AM
Been a Giants fan my whole life.The last 2 and half years they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.The day after they traded Matt Duffy the Giants have had a losing record.

Not sure Matt Duffy was the cure all for the Giants.  I think we went with too many good but past their prime players and after the lamed up we were toast.

B5fourspeed

They traded Duffy who was very well liked by his teammates.He was the first rookie to win the Willie Mac Award.They traded him for Matt Moore who was a total bust.Matt Moore was the pitcher who hit Joe Panic in the head and put him on the DL and really has not been the same since.IMO the team chemistry has not been the same since.

Morty426

Quote from: B5fourspeed on April 15, 2019, 10:25:49 AM
They traded Duffy who was very well liked by his teammates.He was the first rookie to win the Willie Mac Award.They traded him for Matt Moore who was a total bust.Matt Moore was the pitcher who hit Joe Panic in the head and put him on the DL and really has not been the same since.IMO the team chemistry has not been the same since.

Oh will agree with this 100%

Duffy was a true teammate.

Moore a total waste.  It was a terrible trade. 

floorit426

.....and who thought Matt Duffy was going to hijack this thread? :notsure: I love baseball talk!

superdave

Well I don't really follow baseball that closely but, Royals. I think they were pretty much out of it by May last year and last I heard they have lost ten in a row sooo... :dunno:

Morty426

Quote from: floorit426 on April 16, 2019, 06:03:00 AM
.....and who thought Matt Duffy was going to hijack this thread? :notsure: I love baseball talk!

Plus didn't he have that super fat cat?   :haha:

Anyway.  Hopefully I will be at one of the Yankee / Giants game that are coming up. 

floorit426

I don't know about the cat, but the team has a panda that fits that description! It's good to have him back, and he's become a pretty good pinch hitter!