Main Menu

Bought four Dodgem's last week with a truck & trailer

Started by IRON MAN, September 11, 2021, 09:25:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

My Great Grandfather in 1854 founded Anderton & Rowland's Circus.  The circus has morphed into a carnival and still tours southern England. Saw this on eBay and bought it. 1 of 14,300. Anderton & Roland is a household name in Southern England. 

anlauto

That's pretty cool with a family connection like that :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

Thats pretty cool.   Nice memorabilia.
I had to google "dodgem".   Never heard that before.  Apparently its british for bumper car in case anyone else is wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

IRON MAN

I discovered four more Dodgem's in the trailer. The truck is a 1948 Scammel. Also included a photo of the die-cast engine that sold for $1,261,000.00. In 1995 my relatives had 14,300 die-casts made of this ride and quickly sold out. Then, had a 2nd edition made which I have # 15,901. Not really collecting this memorabilia for myself as much as for my descendants. My english relatives recently visited and gave us our family tree diagram showing the direct succession of my mother's ancestors from 1574 to present day. They are quite the genealogists. My sister-in-law is a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and is one of their genealogists. Got to apply through her department to gain membership. Her son has worked for Disney in Florida for 18 years in hospitality. Eventually all I have collected will go to him. How appropriate.